Steve W. C. Chang Ph.D.
Research Scientist in Psychology; Assistant Professor in Psychology
Departments & Organizations
Neural mechanisms of social interaction and social decision-making; single-unit recording from primate prefrontal cortex, amygdala, posterior parietal cortex, and basal ganglia; neurobiology of oxytocin-mediated social cognition; combined neurophysiology and neuropharmacology; reference frames; sensory-to-motor transformation; neuroethology of social behavior
- Ph.D., Washington University in St. Louis, 03/2009
- AB, Washington University in St. Louis, 05/2003
- Chang SW, Gariépy JF and Platt ML (2013) Neuronal reference frames for social decisions in primate frontal cortex. Nat. Neurosci., 16: 243–250.
- Chang SW, Barter JW, Ebitz RB, Watson KK and Platt ML (2012) Inhaled oxytocin amplifies both vicarious reinforcement and self reinforcement in rhesus macaques (Macaca mulatta). Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., 109, 959–964.
- Chang SW, Brent LJN, Adams GK, Klein JT, Pearson JM, Watson KK, and Platt ML (2013) Neuroethology of primate social behavior. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., 110, 10387–10394.