Dana Wasson Dunne MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine (Infectious Diseases); Director, Internal Medicine Clerkship; Associate Program Director, Yale Traditional Residency Program
syphilis animal models; STD-HIV interactions;
- ImAGIN- multicenter contract evaluating innate immunity in patients who are elderly or immunosuppressed.
- Development of a murine model to study Treponema pallidum
- Yale HIV Clinical Trials- investigator
1. Dr. Dunne's translational research focuses on syphilis. Progress in syphilis eradication has been hampered by lack of an effective murine model. Her current work is centered on developing such a model.
2. Dr. Dunne's clinical research is in the area of HIV clinical trials. She is an investigator involved in a number of trials managed through Yale's HIV Clinical Trials group that evaluate new drug efficacy, antiretroviral drug combinations, and other issues around optimal treatment for HIV-infected patients.
- Dunne, D. W., A. C. Shaw, L. K. Bockenstedt, H. Allore, S. Chen, S. E. Malawista, L. Leng, Y. Mizue, M. Piecychna, L. Zhang, V. Towle, R. Bucala, R. R. Montgomery, and E. Fikrig. 2010. Increased TLR4 expression and Innate Cytokine Production in Immunosuppressed Adults with Autoimmune Diseases. PLoS ONE 5(6): e11343. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0011343
- Dubrow R, Sikkem KJ, Bruce RD, Julian P, Roome A, Dunne DW, Boeving A, Kidder T, Jenkins H, Becker J, Merson M. Diagnosis of Acute HIV infection in Connecticut. Connecticut Medicine 2009, 73; 325-331.
- Rowhani-Rahbar A, Niccolai LM, Dunne DW, Green S, Jenkins H, Khoshnood K. Comparative epidemiology of Chlamydia trachomatis infection among men attending sexually transmitted disease clinics with and without indications for testing. International Journal of STD and AIDS. July, 2006, 17 453-458.
- Niccolai LM, Rowhani-Rallan A, Jenkins H, Green S, Dunne DW. Condom effectiveness for prevention of Chlamydia trachomatis infection. Sexually Transmitted Infections, 2005, 1323-5.