Jordan Stuart Pober MD, PhD
Bayer Professor of Translational Medicine; Director, Human and Translational Immunology Program; Vice-Chair, Dept. of Immunobiology for the Section of Human and Translational Immunology
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Immunology | Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, and Physiology
Stem Cell Center, Yale: Stem Cells and Tissue Repair | Tissue Specific Stem Cells
Vascular Biology and Therapeutics Program
Diabetes Endocrinology Research Center
NIH T32 Program
Immunology and Immunotherapy
Immunobiology of vascular endothelial cells; Cytokine actions and mechanisms; Transplantation immunology more...
- M.D., Yale University, 1977
- Ph.D., Yale University, 1977
- Neutralizing IL-6 reduces human arterial allograft rejection by allowing emergence of CD161+ CD4+ regulatory T cells. Fogal B, Yi T, Wang C, Rao DA, Lebastchi A, Kulkarni S, Tellides G, Pober JS. J Immunol. 2011 Dec 15;187(12):6268-80. Epub 2011 Nov 14.
- Participation of blood vessel cells in human adaptive immune responses. Pober JS, Tellides G. Trends Immunol. 2012 Jan;33(1):49-57. Epub 2011 Oct 24. Review.
- Enis DR, Shepherd BR, Wang Y, Qasim A, Shanahan CM, Weissberg PL, Kashgarian M, Pober JS, Schechner JS. Induction, differentiation and remodeling of mature blood vessels after transplantation of Bcl-2-transduced endothelial cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci. (USA) 2005; 102:425-430.