Valentina Greco PhD
Associate Professor of Genetics, of Cell Biology and of Dermatology
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development: Genetics and Genomics | Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, and Physiology
Office of Student ResearchStem Cell Center, Yale: Stem Cell Niche and Homing; Tissue Specific Stem CellsCancer Center, Yale: Signal TransductionPostnatal Development & RegenerationCell BiologyDermatology | Genetics
Organ regeneration in vertebrate systems; Stem cells; Stem cell niche organization; Cancer more...
- B.S., University of Biological Science, Palermo, Italy, 1996
- Ph.D., Heidelberg University, 2002
- Mesa KR, Rompolas P, Zito G, Myung P, Sun TY, Brown S, Gonzalez D, Blagoev K, Haberman A and Greco V*. Niche induced cell death and epithelial phagocytosis regulate hair follicle stem cell pool. Nature in press.
- Deschene RE#, Myung P#, Rompolas P, Zito G, Sun TY, Taketo MM, Saotome I and Greco V*. 2014. ß-catenin activation regulates tissue growth via a non-cell autonomous mechanism within the hair stem cell niche. Science. (* corresponding author; # equal contribution). PMID 24653033.
- Zito G, Saotome I, Liu Z, Ferro EG, Sun TY, Nguyen DX, Bilguvar K, Ko CJ and Greco V*. 2014. Spontaneous tumor regression in keratoacanthomas is driven by Wnt /Retinoic Acid signaling cross-talk. Nature Communications. (* corresponding author). PMID 24667544.