Phase I, First-in-human, Open-label, Dose Escalation Trial to Evaluate Safety, Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics, and Anti-tumor Activity of BNT152+153 in Patients With Solid Tumors
What is the purpose of this trial?
This is an open-label, multisite Phase I dose escalation, safety, pharmacokinetics (PK) and pharmacodynamics (PD) trial of BNT152+153 in various solid tumor indications.
The clinical trial will enroll patients with various solid tumors that are metastatic or unresectable for whom there is no available standard therapy likely to confer clinical benefit, or patients who are not candidates for such available therapy.
The trial consists of Part 1 and Part 2 with adaptive design elements:
- Part 1 consists of Groups A and B.
- Group A is a BNT153 monotherapy dose escalation in patients with advanced solid malignancies until the maximal tolerated dose (MTD) is defined. If MTD is not reached, maximum administered dose (MAD) may be used for further development (or another dose as determined by the safety review committee (SRC).
- Group B is a BNT152 monotherapy dose escalation in patients with advanced solid malignancies until the MTD or optimal biological dose (OBD) is defined, whichever occurs earlier.
- Group A will be activated first and activation of Group B is at sponsor's decision.
- Part 2 will start once Part 1 is completed, i.e., dose escalations for both BNT152 and BNT153 monotherapy are completed.
- Trial withBioNTech SE
- Start Date08/13/2021
- End Date07/01/2023
- Last Updated08/16/2021
- Study HIC#2000030206