Frequently Asked Questions
Urgent Medical Matters
Please do not use MyChart to send any messages requiring urgent attention. For urgent medical matters, contact your doctor's office.
MyChart© licensed from Epic Systems Corporation, ©1999-2010. Patents pending.
- What is MyChart?
MyChart offers patients personalized and secure on-line access to portions of their medical records. It enables you to securely use the Internet to help manage and receive information about your health. With MyChart, you can use the Internet to:
- Request medical appointments.
- View your health summary from the MyChart electronic health record.
- View test results.
- Request prescription renewals.
- Access trusted health information resources.
- Communicate electronically and securely with your medical care team.
- Is there a fee to use MyChart?
- MyChart is a free service offered to our patients.
- How do I sign up?
Patients who wish to participate will be issued a MyChart activation code during their clinic visit. This code will enable you to login and create your own user ID and password. If you were not issued an activation code, you may call your primary care clinic to get one or ask to sign up during you next office visit.
- Who do I contact if I have further questions?
- You may e-mail us at MyChartSupport@YNHH.org
Your Medical Record
- When can I see my test results in MyChart?
- Your test results are released to your MyChart account after your physician has reviewed them. This is generally within 1-12 days.
- Why are certain test results not shared electronically via MyChart?
- Your provider is able to determine which types of test results are able to be accessed through MyChart. Further, tests of a very sensitive nature are not released to MyChart.
- If some of my health information on MyChart is not correct, what should I do?
- Your MyChart information comes directly from your electronic medical record at your doctor's office. Ask your doctor to correct any inaccurate information at your next clinic visit. Your health information is reviewed and updated in your electronic medical record each visit.
- If I send a message to my doctor or nurse, when can I expect a reply?
- You will generally receive an answer within 1-3 business days. Please note that MyChart should not be used for urgent situations. Please contact your medical center if the situation requires immediate attention or dial 911 if it is an emergency.
MyChart For My Family
- Can I view a family member's health record in MyChart?
- Yes you can. This is called Proxy access and allows a parent (or guardian) to log into their personal MyChart account, and then connect to information regarding their family member. Complete a Proxy Consent Form and return it to one of our medical facilities to request access to this convenient service.
- Can I ask questions regarding a family member from my MyChart account?
- MyChart offers direct access to your personal health record and communicating about another individual's information would be placed in your health record. This information would not appear in the correct health record and could potentially jeopardize medical care.
- Can my spouse and I share one MyChart account?
- No, due to the sensitive nature of medical information, each adult must sign and submit a Release of Information request and establish their own MyChart account.
After I Have Enrolled
- I forgot my password. What should I do?
- You can click the "Forgot password" link on the sign-in page to reset your password online. If you encounter any problems email MyChartSupport@YNHH.org.
- Can you send me a new activation code as I have lost it, let it expire or did not receive it?
- Contact us at MyChartSupport@YNHH.org and after we verify your information, a new code will be sent via U.S. Postal Mail. Privacy issues prevent us from e-mailing a new activation code to you.
- Where can I update my personal information (e.g., home address, e-mail or change my password)?
- Log into MyChart and from the left menu, go to the Preferences section and select the appropriate option.
- How is MyChart secure?
- We take great care to ensure your health information is kept private and secure. Access to information is controlled through secure activation codes, personal ID's, and passwords. Each person controls their password, and the account cannot be accessed without that password. Further, MyChart uses the latest 128-bit SSL encryption technology with no caching to automatically encrypt your session with MyChart. Unlike conventional e-mail, all MyChart messaging is done while you are securely logged on to our website.
- Your privacy is important to us. The information you provide on this web site is protected by federal laws. To learn more about how your rights to privacy are being protected, please contact the Customer Service Department.
- I was logged our of MyChart, what happened?
- We aim to protect your privacy and security of your information. While logged into MyChart, if your keyboard remains idle for 15 minutes or more, you will be automatically logged out of MyChart. We recommend that you log out of your MyChart session if you need to leave your computer for even a short period of time.
- What do I need to use MyChart?
- You need access to a computer connected to the Internet and an up-to-date browser (such as Internet Explorer).
- My activation code does not work, what should I do?
- For your security, your activation code expires after 60 days and is no longer valid after the first time you use it. If you still have problems, email us at MyChartSupport@YNHH.org.
- Is my activation code my user ID?
- No, your activation code is not your MyChart ID or password. You will use this code only once to log into MyChart for the first time. (The code will expire after you have used it or after 60 days). When you log into MyChart the first time, you will then be asked to create your own unique MyChart ID and password.