On May 3, 2023, the Yale Child Study Center (YCSC) announced the results of the April 2023 round of awards for the department’s Clinical and Research Faculty Development Fund. This annual fund supports clinical and research faculty with a primary appointment at the YCSC. The purpose is to provide start-up funds to develop research, educational, and clinical efforts that will contribute to faculty growth and development. The awardees for this round are as follows.
- Jessica Mayo: “Diagnostic Criteria 0-5: Diagnostic Classification of Mental Health and Developmental Disorders of Infancy and Early Childhood (DC:0-5)”
- Carolyn Patterson: “Annual Society of Pediatric Psychology Annual Conference”
- Maggie Stoeckel: “North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition (NASPGHAN) annual meeting / Society of Pediatric Psychology Annual Conference (SPPAC)”
- Areti Vassilopoulos: “Annual Society of Pediatric Psychology Annual Conference / Board Certification in Biofeedback”
Pilot Research Awards
- Alexandre Jourdon: “Validating the gene regulatory network in ASD”
- Angeli Landeros-Weisenberger: “Pilot program to teach structured assessments of neuropsychiatric disorders”
Committee members George Anderson, Tom Fernandez, Michelle Goyette-Ewing, Ellen Hoffman, Paul Lombroso, Andrés Martin, and Carla Stover met on April 24, 2023 to discuss submitted applications and were impressed with the diversity and quality of the submissions. Scores from all members were averaged to rank-order each application. Committee members recused themselves from reviewing any grant in which they are associated with the applicant.
YCSC research and clinical faculty (assistant professors, associate research scientists, associate professors in their first term, and clinicians, including those who hold the title of instructor, assistant clinical professor, or associate clinical professor) are eligible to apply to this fund, typically three times per year. The next submission date will be October 15, 2023.Additional information and application instructions are available on the center’s intranet.