In addition to the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS) application, a supplemental form is required. Please complete the Investigative Medicine Supplemental Form and upload it in the “Additional Questions” section of the GSAS application.
- Curriculum Vitae
Personal Statement of Purpose
A 500-1,000 word statement describing your reasons for applying to the Investigative Medicine Program, commitment to research, research goals, research experience, background and interests.
Letters of Recommendation
Three letters of recommendation are required from individuals who can evaluate your academic work, intellectual ability, and/or academic potential for graduate work. One letter should originate from a faculty member of your medical school or residency program.
A transcript from each college or university is required. Applicants who have attended international institutions where transcripts/academic records are in a language other than English, must submit those transcripts with certified English translations.
- Personal Statement of Purpose
Examination Scores and Results:
- General Graduate Record Examination (GRE) results are NOT required.
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Official transcripts for Steps 1 and 2 are required (Step 3, if applicable) as evidence of U.S. medical training and qualification.
- Specialty examinations of the American Board of Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Neurology, Psychiatry or other discipline are required if applicable.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The TOEFL is required of all applicants whose native language is not English. This requirement is waived only for applicants who will have received a baccalaureate degree, or its foreign equivalent, prior to matriculation at Yale, from a college or university where English is the primary language.