Research & Publications
Current research primarily focuses on tumor biology and therapeutic approaches towards its treatment.
- In GBMs, identifying novel driver mutations and elucidating their underlying mode of action using molecular and cell biological approaches in vitro and in vivo with Drosophila as the model system.
- In meningiomas, elucidating the mode of action of driver mutations in tumor formation using biochemical approaches.
- In personalized medicine, establishing primary cultures from various brain tumors and assessing efficacy of drugs based on their mutational profiles. Also, developing novel oncolytic viruses in the therapeutic treatment of brain tumors.
- In cerebral aneurysms, working on the biochemical characterization, cell-culture and zebrafish modeling of genes identified as potential candidates.
- Biological Functions of Heparan Sulfates.Mishra-Gorur K, L. M. Delmolino, J. J. Castellot Jr., (1998) Biological Functions of Heparan Sulfates. Trends Glycosci Glycotech 10 (52): 193-210.