Research & Publications
As the Chief of the Palliative Care Program, Dr. Kapo leads a service that includes an interdisciplinary team of doctors, nurses, a social worker and a chaplain. This team provides comprehensive palliative care that aims to address all sources of suffering including physical, spiritual, and psychosocial suffering to patients with complex and life-threatening illnesses. In her role, Dr. Kapo guides the development of the clinical, educational, and research program at Yale New-Haven Hospital and the Yale School of Medicine.
Medical Oncology; Palliative Care; Palliative Medicine
- Association of palliative care and hospital outcomes among solid tumour oncology inpatientsIm JHB, Chow R, Novosel M, et al. BMJ Supportive & Palliative Care Epub ahead of print: [please include Day Month Year]. doi:10.1136/ spcare-2023-004207
- Expert panel consensus on management of advanced cancer-related pain in individuals with opioid use disorderMerlin JS, Khodyakov D, Arnold RA, Bulls HW, Dao E, Kapo J, King C, Meier D, Paice J, Ritchie CS, Liebschutz JM. Expert panel consensus on management of advanced cancer-related pain in individuals with opioid use disorder. JAMA Netw Open, in press.
- NCCN Guidelines Insights: Palliative Care, Version 2Kapo, JM
- EPEC for Vets Curriculum Veteran's Administration and Robert Wood Johnson FoundationKapo, JM
- Prognosis in Chronic Disease. Annals of Long Term Care 2006; 14(2):Kapo J, Casarett D
- Hospice in Longterm Care Annals of Long Term CareHirschman, K, Jennifer Kapo, Joseph Straton, Neville Strumpf, and David Casarett.2005; 13(10): 25-29