Research & Publications
Our lab focuses on the structural mechanisms of motor proteins and cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) methods. The long-term goal is to reveal the mechanisms of high-level cellular activities driven by motor proteins from a structure perspective at the atomic level. We are particularly interested in dyneins and many related protein complexes for their fascinating roles in intracellular/intraflagellar transport, cell division, organelle positioning, cell motility, neurodevelopment, neurodegeneration, viral infection and the mechanisms of dynein activity regulation during these processes. In addition to dynein mechanisms, we are also passionate about cryo-EM/ET methodology development and interdisciplinary researches in depth to enable the visualization of atomic details of large, dynamic protein complexes in vitro and in situ.
Biochemistry; Biophysics; Cilia; Cytoskeleton; Dyneins; Flagella; Image Processing, Computer-Assisted; Microscopy, Electron; Microscopy, Fluorescence; Microtubules; Molecular Biology; Nervous System Diseases; Protein Conformation; Signal Processing, Computer-Assisted; Tomography; Protein Structure, Tertiary; Cryoelectron Microscopy; Imaging, Three-Dimensional; Axoneme; Axonemal Dyneins; Machine Learning
- Towards dynamic structure of biological complexes at atomic resolution by cryo-EMZhang K. "Towards dynamic structure of biological complexes at atomic resolution by cryo-EM." Chin. Phys. B 2018. 27(6): 66801-066801.
- Substrate Binding Properties of Thermosome ATcpn-β from Acidianus TengchongensisWang L, Zhang K, Fan Z, Dong Z, and Sun F. Substrate Binding Properties of Thermosome ATcpnβ from Acidianus Tengchongensis. Progress in Biochemistry and Biophysics 2011, 38:151-158.
- ATOM 1.0: A GPU Powered Package for Electron Tomography Reconstruction.Chu Q, Zhang K, Wan X, Zhang C, Zhang G, Shen B, Liu X, Zhao K, Chu X, Zhang F, Sun F. ATOM 1.0: A GPU Powered Package for Electron Tomography Reconstruction. Acta Biophys Sin 2011, 27:231-241.
- Development and Frontier of Electron Microscopy 3D Reconstruction.Zhang K, Zhang Y, Hu Z, Ji G, and Sun F. Development and Frontier of Electron Microscopy 3D Reconstruction. Acta Biophys Sin 2010, 26:533-559.
- Cloning, Expression, Purification and Preliminary Crystallographic Analysis of Caenorhabditis elegans Enoyl-CoA Hydratase.Li Z, Zhang K, Zhai Y, Zhou Q, Geng Y, and Sun F. Cloning, Expression, Purification and Preliminary Crystallographic Analysis of Caenorhabditis elegans Enoyl-CoA Hydratase. Acta Biophys Sin 2010, 26:37-48.
- Disclosing the Structure and Function of Translation MachineZhang K, Zhang C, and Sun F. Disclosing the Structure and Function of Translation Machine—Introduction of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2009. Acta Biophys Sin 2009, 25:325-334.
- 3D Structural Investigation of Caveolae From Porcine Aorta Endothelial Cell by Electron Tomography.Sun S, Zhang K, Xu W, Wang G, Chen J, and Sun F. 3D Structural Investigation of Caveolae From Porcine Aorta Endothelial Cell by Electron Tomography. Progress in Biochemistry and Biophysics 2009, 36:729-735.