Jeffrey Robert Gruen MD
Professor of Pediatrics (Neonatology), Genetics, and Investigative Medicine
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development
Pediatrics: Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine: Newborn Special Care Unit | Child Health Research Center, Yale
Genetics of communication disorders and learning disabilities, dyslexia, language impairment (LI); Biological underpinnings of dyslexia, language impairment, learning disabilities, communication disorders more...
- B.S., Tulane University, 1977
- M.D., Tulane University, 1981
- Eicher JD, Powers NR, Miller LL, Akshoomoff N, Amaral DG, Bloss CS, Libiger O, Schork NJ, Darst BF, Casey BJ, Chang L, Ernst T, Frazier J, Kaufmann WE, Keating B, Kenet T, Kennedy D, Mostofsky S, Murray SS, Sowell ER, Bartsch H, Kuperman JM, Brown TT, Hagler DJ Jr, Dale AM, Jernigan TL, Pourcain BS, Smith GD, Ring SM, Gruen JR; for the Pediatric Imaging, Neurocognition Genetics Study. Genome-Wide Association Study of Shared Components of Reading Disability and Language Impairment. Genes Brain Behav. 2013 Sep 11. doi: 10.1111/gbb.12085. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 24024963 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
- Eicher JD, and Gruen JR. Imaging-Genetics in Dyslexia: Connecting risk genetic variants to brain neuroimaging and ultimately to reading impairments. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism 2013 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ymgme.2013.07.001, in press).
- *Powers NR, Eicher JD, Butter F, Kong Y, Miller LL, Ring SM, Mann M, Gruen JR. Alleles of a polymorphic ETV6 binding site in DCDC2 confer risk of reading and language impairment. American Journal of Human Genetics 2013 Jul 11;93(1):19-28. PMID: 23746548 [PubMed - in process] PMCID: PMC3710765 [Available on 2014/1/11]. *Recipient of the 2013 AJHG Cotterman Award, for the paper that best represents outstanding scientific contributions to the field of human genetics from a pre- or post-doctoral trainee.