Martin A Schwartz PhD
Robert W. Berliner Professor of Medicine (Cardiology) and Professor of Biomedical Engineering and of Cell Biology
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development
School of Engineering and Applied Science
Vascular Biology and Therapeutics Program
Internal Medicine: Cardiovascular Medicine: Yale Cardiovascular Research Center
Integrin signaling; Mechanotransduction; Atherosclerosis; Vascular remodeling; Heart disease; Extracellular matrix; Cell adhesion; Cytoskeleton; Cell-cell junctions; Fluid shear stress more...
- B.A., New College of the University South Florida, 1975
- Ph.D., Stanford University, 1979
- Conway DE, Breckenridge MT, Hinde E, Gratton E, Chen CS, Schwartz MA. Fluid Shear Stress on Endothelial Cells Modulates Mechanical Tension across VE-Cadherin and PECAM-1. Curr Biol. 2013 Jun 3, 23:1024-30
- Hoffman, B.D., Grashoff, C. and Schwartz, M.A. Dynamic molecular processes mediate cellular mechanotransduction. Nature. 2011, 475:316-323.
- Grashoff C., Hoffman BD., Brenner MD., Zhou R., Parsons M., Yang MT., McLean MA., Sligar SG., Chen CS., Ha T. and Schwartz, MA.. Measuring mechanical tension across vinculin reveals regulation of focal adhesion dynamics. Nature, 2010,466:263-6.