Wajahat Zafar Mehal PhD, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine (Digestive Diseases)
Departments & Organizations
Sterile inflammation; Liver fibrosis; Liver immunology more...
- B.A., University of Oxford, 1986
- B.M., University of Oxford, 1988
- M.D., University of Oxford, 1990
- Ph.D., University of Oxford, 1993
- Imaeda AB, Watanabe A, Sohail MA, Mahmood S, Mohamadnejad M, Sutterwala FS, Flavell RA, Mehal WZ. Acetaminophen Induced Hepatotoxicity is Dependent on TLR9 and the NALP3 Inflammasome. Journal of Clinical Investigation In Press.
- Hakim W, Sheikh S, Inayat I, Bia M, Caldwell C, Jain D, Smith D, Friedman A, Lorber M, Formica R, Mehal W. Pilot study of HCV Response in Patients with End Stage Renal Disease treated with Combination Pegylated Interferon ?-2a and Ribavirin. Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation In Press.
- Sohail M, Hashmi A, Hakim W, Watanabe A, Zipprich A, Groszmann R, , Dranoff J, Torok N, Mehal WZ. Adenosine Induces Loss of Actin Stress Fibers and Inhibits Contraction in Hepatic Stellate Cells via Rho Inhibition. Hepatology 200949:185-194.