The YNHTC team is comprised of world-renowned physicians, surgeons and scientists and a wide variety of organ transplant and medical specialties.
Yale Organ Transplantation and Immunology
- Largest kidney transplantation program in New England region.
- Nationally recognized pediatric liver transplant program in both patient outcomes and number of living donor transplants performed.
- Largest living donor kidney transplantation program in New England region.
- First Connecticut institution to provide kidney, liver and pancreas transplantation services.
- First kidney paired exchange in Connecticut.
- Performed the first split-liver transplant in the Connecticut.
- Strong multidisciplinary collaborative relationships that combine excellent clinical care delivery with basic science in order to develop cutting edge and innovative research.
- Access to a variety of clinical trials.
- Transplant surgeons and physicians meet weekly to establish the most appropriate treatment recommendations for each patient.