Hodgkin Disease; Lymphoma; Molecular Biology; Health Care
Public Health Interests
Cancer; Health care delivery
Primary interest in the mechanisms cancer cells use to develop resistance to cancer drugs. The molecular switches.
Extensive Research Description
Interest in how cancer cells manipulate molecular pathways to circumvent drug resistance. Aimed at identifying appropriate molecular targets for combination targeted treatment.
- DeVita VT, DeVita-Raeburn E. The Death of Cancer: After Fifty Years on the Front Lines of Medicine, a Pioneering Oncologist Reveals Why the War on Cancer is Winnable--and How We Can Get There. New York, NY, Sarah Crighton Books at Farrar, Straus and Giroux, November 3, 2015.
- DeVita VT, Lawrence TS, Rosenberg SA (Eds). Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology: Primer of the Molecular Biology of Cancer, 2nd Edition. Philadelphia, PA, Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott, Williams, and Wilkins, 2015.
- Chu E, DeVita VT. Physicians' Cancer Chemotherapy Drug Manual. Sudbury, MA, Jones and Bartlett Learning, LLC, 2014.
- DeVita VT, Lawrence TS, Rosenberg SA, (Eds) DeVita, Hellman, and Rosenberg's Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology, 10th Edition. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2014.
- DeVita VT, Lawrence TS, Rosenberg SA (Eds). The Cancer Journal: The Journal of Principles & Practice of Oncology, V. 20 (1-6). Philadelphia, PA, Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Publishers, 2014.
- DeVita VT, Eggermont AMM, Hellman S, Kerr D. NRCO 10 Year Viewpoint Anniversary: Clinical cancer research: the past, present and the future. NRCO 11(11) Nov. 2014.
- Canellos GP, Rosenberg SA, Friedberg JW, Lister TA, DeVita VT. Treatment of Hodgkin's Lymphoma: A 50-Year Perspective. JCO 32(3) Jan 20, 2014.
- Rose M, DeVita VT, Lawrence TS, Rosenberg SA (Eds). Oncology in Primary Care. Philadelphia, PA, Lippencott Williams and Wilkens, May 2013.
- DeVita VT, Rosenberg SA. Two hundred years of cancer research. NEJM 2012; 366;2207-14.