Disaster Planning; Emergency Medicine; Human Rights; Refugees; Violence; Global Health
Public Health Interests
Developing Countries (health); Disaster preparedness; Emergency Preparedness; Global Health; Human Rights; International Health; Refugees; Violence
Middle East Studies
Dr Mowafi''s research areas are:
- Conflict and health in the Middle East and North Africa
- Assessing burden of injuries and level injury of injury care in limited resource settings
- Emergency care data systems in low-resource settings
- Taylor RA, Pare J, Venkatesh AV, Mowafi H, Melnick E, Fleischman W, Hall MK, Prediction of In-hospital Mortality in Emergency Department Patients with Sepsis: A Local, Big Data Driven, Machine Learning Approach, Academic Emergency Medicine, ONLINE 13 February 2016; DOI: 10.1111/acem.12876
- Hayward AS, Jacquet GA, Sanson T, Mowafi H, Hansoti B. Academic affairs and global health: how global health electives can accelerate progress towards ACGME milestones. Int J Emerg Med. Dec 2015;8(1):45
- Rice BT, Vu H, Tran LD, Vo QX, Mowafi H. Survey of point of care ultrasound usage in emergency medicine by Vietnamese physicians. Emerg Med Australas. Oct 9 2015
- Tahouni M, Liscord E, Mowafi H, Managing Law Enforcement Presence in the Emergency Department: Highlighting the Need for New Policy Recommendations. Journal of Emergency Medicine 49(4): 523-529.
- Philip Seidenberg, Kate Cerwensky, Rae Oranmore-Brown, Emily Hammond, Yona Mofu, James Lungu, Yakob Mulla, Godfrey Biemba, Hani Mowafi; Epidemiology of injuries, outcomes, and resource utilization at a tertiary care hospital in Lusaka, Zambia, African Journal of Emergency Medicine, Article Published Online 25 March 2014
- Mowafi, H., Dworkis, D., Bisanzo, M., Hansoti, B., Seidenberg, P., Obermeyer, Z., Hauswald, M., et al., Making Recording and Analysis of Chief Complaint a Priority for Global Emergency Care Research in Low-income Countries, Acad Emerg Med, 2013
- Teri A. Reynolds, Mark Bisanzo, Daniel Dworkis, Bhakti Hansoti, Ziad Obermeyer, Phil Seidenberg, Mark Hauswald and Hani Mowafi, Research Priorities for Data Collection and Management Within Global Acute and Emergency Care Systems, Acad Emerg Med, 2013. Article first published online: 16 DEC 2013 | DOI: 10.1111/acem.12261
- Effectiveness of a Primary Health Care Program on Urban and Rural Community Disaster Preparedness, Islamic Republic of Iran: A Community Intervention Trial. Ali Ardalan, MD, PhD, Hani Mowafi, MD, MPH, Hossein Malekafzali Ardakani, MD, MPH, PhD, Farid Abolhasanai, MD, Ali-Mohammad Zanganeh, MD, Hossein Safizadeh, MD, Sirous Salari, MD, MPH, and Vahid Zonoobi, MD, MPH.
- Iran’s Disaster Risk: Now is the Time for Community-based Public Health Preparedness Ali Ardalan, MD, PhD;1,2 Hani Mowa?, MD, MPH;2,3 Frederick M. Burkle, Jr., MD, MPH, DTM2,4,5
- Ali Ardalan, Hani Mowafi and Frederick M. Burkle Jr., Iran's Disaster Risk: Now is the Time for Community-based Public Health Preparedness, Prehosp Disaster Med, 2013, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S1049023X13008820
- Ardalan A, Mowafi H, Shariati M, Yusefi H, Impacts of Natural Hazards on Primary Health Care Facilities of Iran: A 10-Year Retrospective Survey, PLOS Current Disasters, 2013 June 28, Edition 1
- Mowafi, H., Conflict, Displacement and Health in the Middle East, Journal of Global Public Health, Vol 6, Issue 5, May 2011
- Leaning J, Bartels S, Mowafi H. Sexual violence during war and forced migration. In: Martin SF, Tirman J, eds. Women, migration and conflict. Springer Verlag. New York, NY, 2010
- Mowafi, H. and Spiegel, P., The Iraqi refugee crisis: familiar problems and new challenges, JAMA, 2008, 299(14):1713-1715.
- Mowafi, H., Nowak, K. and Hein, K., Facing the challenges in human resources for humanitarian health, Prehosp Disaster Med, 2007, 22(5):351-359