Michael Harris Nathanson MD, PhD
Professor of Medicine (Digestive Diseases) and of Cell Biology; Section Chief, Digestive Diseases; Director, Yale Liver Center; Director, Center for Cell and Molecular Imaging
Departments & Organizations
Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development | Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, and Physiology
Yale Medical Group
Transplantation Center, Yale-New Haven
Cell Biology: Center for Cellular and Molecular Imaging
Internal Medicine: Digestive Diseases: Hepatology: Liver Center | Gastrointestinal Procedure Center
Mechanisms and effects of calcium signals in polarized epithelia; effect of spatial organization of calcium signals on organ function regulation; factors that organize Ca2+ waves in hepatocytes; organization and effects of Ca2+ waves in cholangiocytes; mechanisms and effects of Ca2+ signals in the nucleus more...
- B.S., University of California, Berkeley, 1976
- M.S., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1977
- Ph.D., Case Western Reserve Univ, 1983
- M.D., Case Western Reserve Univ, 1985
- Mennone, A., and Nathanson, M.H.: Needle-based confocal laser endomicroscopy to assess liver histology in vivo. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, in press.
- Cruz, L.N., Guerra, M.T., Kruglov, E.A., Mennone, A., Garcia, C.R.S., Chen, J., and Nathanson, M.H.: Regulation of multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 by calcium signaling in mouse liver. Hepatology 52:327-337, 2010.
- Rodrigues, M.A., Gomes, D.A., Leite, M.F., and Nathanson, M.H.: Insulin induces calcium signals in the nucleus of rat hepatocytes. Hepatology 48: 1621-1631, 2008.