Evaluating the Immune Response to COVID-19 Vaccination in B-cell Depleted Patients
What is the purpose of this trial?
You may be eligible to participate in a free and confidential research study investigating how individuals taking immune medications respond to COVID19 vaccination. The Yale MS Center is looking for volunteers who:
- Are 18 years old or older
- Are planning to get vaccinated against COVID19 when able to do so
- Meet one of the following criteria:
- have multiple sclerosis
- have an autoimmune blistering disease
- healthy individuals
- For patients with autoimmune diseases, must be EITHER:
- taking rituximab or ocrelizumab
- taking no immune medications
Study participants will donate blood five times over a timeframe of 6 months. The first blood draw would occur before the first COVID19 vaccination. Some participants will also undergo skin biopsies. All participants will complete surveys to evaluate any symptoms they may experience. Immune cells will be studied in the laboratory to help us better understand how individuals taking B-cell depleting medications respond to COVID19 vaccination. Participants will be compensated.
- Trial withRobert Leet and Clara Guthrie Patterson Trust
- Ages18 years and older
Help Us Discover!
You can help our team find trials you might be eligible for by creating a volunteer profile in MyChart. To get started, create a volunteer profile, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 877.978.8343 for more information.
- Last Updated12/22/2022
- Study HIC#2000029889