Vision, Mission Statement, and Goals
The Diversity Council is invested in creating a welcoming and inclusive environment that promotes retention and expansion of underrepresented housestaff and is dedicated to cultivating an atmosphere that helps all residents reach their fullest potential.
- A commitment to cultivating a supportive environment, which promotes retention and expansion among underrepresented housestaff in terms of race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, religious identification, and nationality.
- A dedication to training physicians who are well equipped to care for unreserved, marginalized, and culturally diverse populations.
- A commitment to creating an inclusive environment where housestaff can find the appropriate mentorship that would empower them to reach their fullest potential.
- Members should be enthusiastic and passionate about issues related to diversity in medicine.
- Members should attend regular diversity council meetings.
- Members will collaborate in events/projects related to the diversity council.
Eligibility for Membership
Clinical Fellow; Solnit Integrated Program, Yale Child Study Center
Associate Professor of Medicine (General Medicine); Associate Chair for Diversity and Inclusion, Internal Medicine; GME Director for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, GME Office