Community Forensic Services
CSN/CMHC Community Forensic Services provide clinical services in collaboration with state and community agencies operating the following jail diversion and community re-entry programs in New Haven for clients with serious mental illness and/or co-occurring disorders currently involved with the criminal justice system. Clients must be referred to these programs by a criminal justice referral agent such as the Department of Correction and parole, the Connecticut Judicial Branch Court Support Services Division (probation and pre-trial/IAR) and DMHAS Jail Diversion.
- CREST (Community Reporting Engagement Support and Treatment): The Connection Inc. mental health day reporting center for DMHAS-eligible clients from the New Haven area located at Fellowship Place.
- Sierra Pre-Trial Residential Center: a three-month residential jail diversion program for men with serious mental illness or co-occurring disorders operated by The Connection Inc.
- ASIST (Advanced Supervision and Intervention Support Team) at Project MORE Alternative to Incarceration Center: consultation, assessment and group programming for clients with serious mental illness or co-occurring disorders to facilitate successful completion of AIC requirements.
- Brownell Residential Forensic Program: Continuum of Care extended-stay housing and case management program for DMHAS-eligible clients from the New Haven area with recent criminal justice involvement.
- DMHAS CORP Program (Connecticut Offender Re-entry Program): clinical assessment, group programming and discharge planning pre-release for inmates with psychiatric disorders meeting eligibility requirements, and connection to services once in the community.
- DMHAS DOC liaison: in collaboration with UCONN Correctional Managed Healthcare staff, provide evaluations and discharge planning pre-release for DMHAS-eligible inmates returning to the New Haven area from any DOC facility and connection to services once in the community.
For general questions/comments, you may also contact Nancy Anderson, email@example.com, 203-974-7173