Blueprint for the Cerebral Cortex
- October 14, 2021Source: For all issues, please visit: https://us14.campaign-archive.com/home/?u=075d4cacc1c5196316109f2cd&id=0f44120434
New techniques to decipher autism’s complexity
- May 20, 2021Source: For all issues, please visit: https://us14.campaign-archive.com/home/?u=075d4cacc1c5196316109f2cd&id=0f44120434
The placenta: a key to schizophrenia?
- April 27, 2021Source: Psychiatry Online
Using human-derived stem cells, researchers are now able to create stable and functional 3D constructs that mimic some aspects of brain development.
- March 19, 2021Source: Science Vol 371, Issue 6535
Fasching L, Jang Y, Tomasi S, Schreiner J, Tomasini L, Brady MV, Bae T, Sarangi V, Vasmatzis N, Wang Y, Szekely A, Fernandez TV, Leckman JF, Abyzov A, Vaccarino FM. Early developmental asymmetries in cell lineage trees in living individuals. Science. 2021 Mar 19. PMID: 33737484.
- March 18, 2021Source: YaleNews
Using skin cells harvested from two living humans, researchers in the lab of Yale’s Flora Vaccarino were able to track their cellular lineage by identifying tiny variations or mutations contained within the genomes of those cells.
- November 12, 2020
"SCELLECTOR: ranking amplification bias in single cells using shallow sequencing"
- October 28, 2020Source: Mosaics in mind: Studies find that not all neural genomes are alike
For this issue of neuroDEVELOPMENTS, we focus on the startling reality of the mosaic nature of genomes in the human brain.
- July 13, 2020
"PsychENCODE and beyond: transcriptomics and epigenomics of brain development and organoids"