The Minority Organization for Retention and Expansion (MORE) recognizes that diversity is a critical component of a vibrant learning environment. Fostering an environment at the Yale School of Medicine that is welcoming to all is vital to successfully recruit outstanding minority faculty members. Likewise, ensuring that minority faculty, once recruited, have the resources and mentoring needed to be successful is critical for improving retention. Thus, MORE seeks to support both the recruitment and retention of minority faculty through a variety of events and venues.
The Yale School of Medicine Minority Organization for Retention and Expansion (MORE) seeks to accelerate the appointment and retention of underrepresented minority faculty members and enhance their professional environment.
To achieve these goals, we focus on three core areas:
- Mentorship and promotion of existing underrepresented minority faculty
- Recruitment of additional underrepresented minority faculty
- Partnerships with the
- YSM Dean’s Office
- YSM Deputy Dean for Diversity and Inclusion/CDO
- Yale University Provost’s Office
- YSM Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- YSM Associate Deputy Dean for Faculty Affairs
- YSM Committee on the Status of Women in Medicine (SWIM)
- Yale University Women Faculty Forum (WFF)
- YSM Associate Dean, Faculty Affairs
- Yale New Haven Health, Minority Housestaff Organization