Here are some links with additional information about our center and the various clinical services and research opportunities available at Yale.
- Research Opportunities in the McPartland Lab
- Yale Developmental Disabilities Clinic
- Yale Medicine link to other Child Study Center Clinic Teams and Services
- Autism Support at the Yale Child Study Center
- Yale Child Study Center Home Page
- Yale Center for Clinical Investigation
- Yale Autism Program Facebook Page
- McPartland Lab Article Summaries
External Resources and Support
Here are some additional links for individuals and families with autism.
National and State Resources
Autism Society (national)
- This is a large list of national resources and information including future planning, education, and COVID-19 support.
National Council on Severe Autism
- National organization focused on advocating for policies that support individuals and caregivers affected by severe forms of autism and related disorders.
Department of Disability Services (DDS)
- The DDS in CT provides government funded services to registered families and individuals in the disability community
- DDS Help Line
Resource List from Connecticut Collaborative to Improve Autism Services
- The Connecticut Collaborative to Improve Autism Services is a branch of the DDS and includes a list of local services.
- Autism Science Foundation (ASF)
- Autism Services and Resources Connecticut (ASRC)
- Autism Speaks
- SPARK (Simons Powering Autism Research)
Connecticut Parent Advocacy Center (CPAC)
- The mission of the CPAC is to educate, support, and empower Connecticut’s diverse families of children and youth with any disability or chronic conditions, ages birth to 26, and the professionals who serve them.
- FAVOR is a nonprofit organization focused on empowering families as advocates in order to improve educational and health outcomes for children in CT.
American Association of People with Disabilities
- Learn about and participate in national advocacy for people with disabilities
Disability and Health Promotion
- Learn about healthy living, school resources, and disability rights
- Promoting and protecting the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and actively supporting their full inclusion and participation in the community throughout their lifetimes.
Understanding ASD and Neurodiversity
- Research article about autistic self advocacy and the neurodiversity movement
Frontiers for Young Minds eBook: What does it mean to have an invisible condition?
- eBook developed specifically for young readers. Original articles written by scientists and edited by children and teens.
Support and Affinity Groups
- Community Autism Socials at Yale
- Family Support Groups
Sibling Support Project
- The first national program dedicated to the life-long and ever-changing concerns of millions of brothers and sisters of people with special health, developmental, and mental health concerns.
Resources for LGBTQIA+ and BIPOC Individuals
Mental Health America
- Understanding racial trauma and directory of therapists with diverse identities
- Help for LGBTQIA+ youth in crisis
National Alliance for Mental Health
- Identity and cultural dimensions of mental health
The Color of Autism
- Support and advocacy for families of color
- National education and support of parents and families of LGBTQ individuals
Gay Straight Alliance Link
- Pairs LGBTQ youth with adult mentors
- Free online parent training in early behavioral intervention
- Driving with Autism
- Free Special Needs Undergraduate Swim Lessons at Yale
- Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN)
To help prevent transmission of COVID-19, we are taking precautionary measures to ensure that you and your family are safe during your visit with us at Yale.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, these are some resources that might be helpful during this time.
- Child Study Center Coronavirus Resources and Family Help Desk Q&A
- Child & Family ASD Resource Guide for Coping with COVID-19
SPANISH Child & Family ASD Resource Guide for Coping with COVID-19
- Adult ASD Resource Guide for Coping with COVID-19
Yale University's COVID-19 Information Page
- CDC’s COVID-19 Prevention and Treatment
- Yale's Research Participation Information Sheet
- SPANISH Yale's Research Participation Information Sheet