The Section of Cardiovascular Medicine of the Yale University School of Medicine shares in the academic mission of one of the world’s leading centers in biomedical research.
Yale-New Haven Medical Center is a physically integrated multi-block site near the main campus of Yale University. The center encompasses the diverse research and clinical activities of the Yale University School of Medicine, Yale-New Haven Hospital, Yale Medical Group, Yale School of Public Health and other allied programs. The nearby West Haven Veterans Affairs Medical Center is the second teaching hospital and offers a wealth of clinical and research opportunities and is totally integrated with other parts of the school.
Yale Cardiology has a long history of clinical and academic excellence. The full time Section was formed in the mid-1950’s under the leadership of Dr. Allan V.N. Goodyer, the first full time faculty member to serve as chief of cardiology.
The Section has expanded its basic and translational research program and embarked on rapid clinical programs growth. Today, Yale Cardiovascular Medicine has 66 full time and 9 adjunct faculty members. The Section operates four specialized research centers, provides a full spectrum of clinical cardiovascular care and offers an array of training programs in cardiovascular medicine and research.