DICE supports, celebrates, and encourages informative discourse about the differences among our YSM community members; in regard to inclusion, our ultimate goal is to build an inclusive climate that supports and promotes the retention of trainees from diverse backgrounds. To accomplish this, we work to not only respond to student feedback, but also routinely incorporate trainee input into the creation of such an inclusive climate:
- DICE is actively seeking and responsive to trainee feedback
- DICE hosts a monthly social for underrepresented medical and PhD BBS students
- First Sunday Socials
- DICE also sponsors a mentorship program for underrepresented students and trainees
- Integrated Mentorship for Underrepresented Students and Trainees (iMUST)
- DICE maintain relationships with housestaff and faculty organizations that work towards inclusion, such as Minority Housestaff Organization (MHO) and The Minority Organization for Retention and Expansion (MORE), respectively.
- DICE works with YSM administration to highlight accomplishments of graduating underrepresented minority students