Research & Publications
My research interests include development of software algorithms in Radiology and Medicine aimed at work-flow optimization, improvement of patient safety, image processing and reconstruction algorithms, natural language processing algorithms, computer-aided detection, dual-energy CT, radiopharmaceutical tracer kinetics, and normal variations.
Medical Informatics; Nuclear Medicine; Pharmacokinetics; Radiology; Informatics
- Utility of Depth Correction Calculator for Split Renal Function Studies Utilizing Prior CT or MRIAishwariya Vegunta, MD; Rasha Ismail, MD ; Jennifer Wu, MD; Edison Tsui MD; Joseph Moulton MD; Darko Pucar, MD, PhD; Michal Kulon, MD, SNMMI Abstract 2022
- Inferior vena cava syndrome on skeletal scintigraphy secondary to metastatic prostate cancerMakusha LP, Kulon M, Pucar D, Young CR. Inferior vena cava syndrome on skeletal scintigraphy secondary to metastatic prostate cancer. World J Nucl Med 2020;19:324-6
- PET-CT Image Denoising using a Deep-Learning Method for Extremely Obese PatientsPET-CT Image Denoising using a Deep-Learning Method for Extremely Obese Patients. Hui Liu, Hamed Yousefi, Niloufar Mirian, MingDe Lin, David Menard, Matthew Gregory, Annemarie Boustani, Ming-Kai Chen, Michal Kulon, Lawrence Saperstein, Darko Pucar, Chi Liu, pending publication
- Lost to Follow-Up: Automated Detection of Patients Who Missed Follow-Ups Which Were Recommended on Radiology ReportsMichal Kulon MD, Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine - Abstract and Presentation 2016
- Blend+Proximity, A Novel Algorithm Achieves High Suppression of Metallic Streak Artifacts And Maximal Preservation Of Contrast Between Soft Tissues And Iodinated Contrast Material On Dual-Energy CT ScansMichal Kulon MD, Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine - Abstract and Presentation 2016
- Blend+Proximity, a novel algorithm for reduction of metallic streak artifacts and maximal preservation of contrast between soft tissues and iodinated contrast material on dual-energy CT scansMichal Kulon MD, Peter Komlosi MD PhD, ASNR Abstract - April 2015
- Pediatric Nuclear Medicine Bone ScansMichal Kulon, MD, Radiology Universe Institute Online Resource - https://radiology-universe.org/atlas-normal/
- Aortic and Pulmonary Artery Diameter Percentile CalculatorMichal Kulon, MD, Radiology Universe Institute Online Resource - https://radiology-universe.org/calculator/ascending-aorta-diameter/calculator.php
- Pediatric Kidney Size Percentile CalculatorMichal Kulon, MD, Radiology Universe Institute Online Resource - https://radiology-universe.org/calculator/pediatric-kidney-sizes/calculator.php
- Pediatric Spleen Size Percentile CalculatorMichal Kulon, MD, Radiology Universe Institute Online Resource - https://radiology-universe.org/calculator/pediatric-spleen-sizes/calculator.php
- Testicular Volume Percentile CalculatorMichal Kulon, MD, Radiology Universe Institute Online Resource - https://radiology-universe.org/calculator/testicular-volume/calculator.php
- New Software Improves Feedback to Residents by Highlighting Differences Between Final and Preliminary Versions of Radiology ReportsSociety for Imaging Informatics in Medicine - Abstract and Poster Presentation 2014
- Variations in SUV Values with Reconstruction AlgorithmsBing Bai, Michal E. Kulon, Peter D. Esser - SNM 2011 poster and abstract.
- Contrast nephropathy: comparative risks of angiocardiography and IV contrast for CT vs. noncontrast imagingRSNA 2011 Abstract
- Despite Warning, Gadolinium Is Safe in Patients with Liver DiseaseR F Hanna, MD, New York, NY; M R Escudero, MD; V Miloushev, MD; S Lagana; M Kulon, MD; M R Prince, MD, PhD – RSNA abstract 2011
- Utilization and positivity rates of CT angiography for pulmonary emboli in the Emergency DepartmentGregory D. N. Pearson, Michal Edward Kulon, et al. RSNA abstract 2011
- Functional Cerebral SPECT and PET ImagingISBN0781788978, contributed multiple cases.