Research & Publications
Vascular Medicine Outcomes Program.
Extensive Research Description
Research interest is centered around closing the knowledge gap that exist in the management of patients with vascular disease. Specific focus in patients with carotid disease, lower extremity PAD, patient reported outcomes. Participated in large device RCT's looking to determine safety and efficacy. Have been national and regional PI. Also have published extensively on the topic.
Arterial Occlusive Diseases; Cardiology; Carotid Artery Diseases; Cerebrovascular Disorders; Depression; Heart Arrest; Hypertension; Intermittent Claudication; Substance Abuse Detection; Peripheral Vascular Diseases; Embolism and Thrombosis; Myocardial Ischemia; Ventricular Dysfunction
- Peripheral Vascular Disease: A Clinical ApproachMena, C., Jayasuriya, S. (2020). Peripheral Vascular Disease: A Clinical Approach. Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
- The Role of Lower Extremity Amputation in Chronic Limb-Threatening IschemiaKim, T. I., Mena, C., & Sumpio, B. E. (2020). The Role of Lower Extremity Amputation in Chronic Limb-Threatening Ischemia. International Journal of Angiology. doi: 10.1055/s-0040-1710075
- Case of Stent Deployment into an Iatrogenic DissectionLlanos-Chea F, Nagpal S, Murugiah K, Cleman M, Henry G, Mena-Hurtado C. Case of Stent Deployment into an Iatrogenic Dissection. Poster presented at; Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics 2019 Sep 25-29; San Francisco, CA.
- Catheter-Directed Thrombolysis for Management of Lower Extremity Acute limb Ischemia Four Days After Intracranial HemorrhageJeramillo-Restrepo V, Shah S, Ozdemir D, Mena-Hurtado C, Catheter-Directed Thrombolysis for Management of Lower Extremity Acute limb Ischemia Four Days After Intracranial Hemorrhage. Poster presented at: Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics. 2019 Sep 25-29; San Francisco, CA
- Re-Opening Leg Arteries: Approach to Chronic Total OcclusionShah, S.M., Mena-Hurtado, C. (2019). Re-Opening Leg Arteries: Approach to Chronic Total Occlusion. In Limb Salvage of the Diabetic Foot (pp. 293-299) Switzerland, AG: Springer International Publishing.