Time-of-Flight mass spectrometer for high-speed acquisition of highly multi-parametric single cell data
The CyTOF Helios analyzes cells labeled with stable heavy metal isotopes using state-of-the-art time-of-flight atomic mass cytometry technology. Single-cell experimentation methods provide critical advances for research in cancer, cardiovascular biology, embryonic stem cells and development, hematopoietic stem cells and progenitors, immunity and infectious disease.
- Multi-parametric single cell data, deep profiling
- Detect up to 42 parameters simultaneously in a single sample
- Detect more from limited samples
- Advantages over traditional flow cytometry: No background, no overlap between channels, no compensation issues
- Now available for tissue sections with Imaging Mass Cytometry (IMC)
- a repository of well-characterized metal conjugated antibodies
- metal labeling reagents for conjugation of antibodies to these metals: 145Nd, 148Nd, 158Gd, 160 Gd, 164Dy, 165Ho, 171Yb, 173Yb.
- Metal conjugated anti-fluorochrome antibodies (e.g. anti-FITC) that can be used with existing fluorescent reagents.
- CyTOF Antibody Panel Guide
- Individual metal-conjugated individual antibodies (>500) and panel kits are available from Fluidigm
- Cell Surface Staining Protocol for CyTOF2 Mass Spectrometry
- Sample preparation using barcoding for CyTOF
- Useful web links for new users
Recent publications from the Yale CyTOF facility
- Boddupalli, C. S., N. Bar, K. Kadaveru, M. Krauthammer, N. Pornputtapong, Z. Mai, S. Ariyan, D. Narayan, H. Kluger, Y. Deng, R. Verma, R. Das, A. Bacchiocchi, R. Halaban, M. Sznol, M. V. Dhodapkar, and K. M. Dhodapkar. 2016. Interlesional diversity of T cell receptors in melanoma with immune checkpoints enriched in tissue-resident memory T cells. JCI Insight 1: e88955.
- Montgomery, R. R. 2016. High Standards for High Dimensional Investigations. Cytometry A 89: 886-888.
- Yao, Y., T. Welp, Q. Liu, N. Niu, X. Wang, C. J. Britto, S. Krishnaswamy, G. L. Chupp, and R. R. Montgomery. 2017. Multiparameter single cell profiling of airway inflammatory cells. Cytometry. Part B, Clinical cytometry 92: 12-20.
- Vasquez, J. C., A. Huttner, L. Zhang, A. Marks, A. Chan, J. M. Baehring, K. T. Kahle, and K. M. Dhodapkar. 2017. SOX2 immunity and tissue resident memory in children and young adults with glioma. J Neurooncol 134: 41-53.
- Herndler-Brandstetter, D., L. Shan, Y. Yao, C. Stecher, V. Plajer, T. Strowig, M. R. de Zoete, N. W. Palm, Y. Zheng, J. Chen, C. Gurer, L. E. MacDonald, A. J. Murphy, D. M. Valenzuela, C. A. Blish, G. D. Yancopoulos, R. R. Montgomery, and R. A. Flavell. 2017. A novel humanized mouse model supports development, function and tissue-residency of human NK cells. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 114: E9626-E9634.