Dialysis; Hemodynamics; Kidney; Nephrology; Hemodialysis Solutions
My research interests have been largely focused in the hemodialysis patient population and have included the preservation of vascular access, prevention of infection and hemodynamic changes in patients during dialysis.
Specialized Terms: Hemodynamics of dialysis patients; Preservation of vascular access and prevention of infection
- Luciano RL, Brewster UC. Kidney involvement in leukemia and lymphoma. Adv Chronic Kidney Dis. 2014 Jan;21(1):27-35
- Brewster UC, Rastegar A. Acute Interstitial Nephritis: Primer of Kidney Disease, fourth Edition. Academic Press 2013
- Moeckel GW, Luciano RL, Brewster UC. Warfarin-related nephropathy in a patient with mild IgA nephropathy on dabigatran and aspirin. CKJ. 2013: 0:1-3
- Horwitz LI, Moriarty JP, Chen C, Fogerty RL, Brewster UC, Kanade S, Ziaeian B, Jenq GY, Krumholz HM. Quality of discharge practices and patient understanding at an academic medical center. JAMA Intern Med. 2013 Oct 14;173(18):1715-22.
- Pazhayattil GS, Rastegar A, Brewster UC. Approach to the diagnosis and treatment of hyponatremia in pregnancy. Am J Kid Dis. 2015; 65 (4): 623-7.
- BMC Nephrol. 2016 Sep 6;17(1):125
- Am J Kidney Dis. 2016 Jan;67(1):128-32
- Kidney Int. 2015 Jun;87(6):1265-6.