Barbara Irene Kazmierczak PhD, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine (Infectious Diseases) and of Microbial Pathogenesis; Associate Director for Basic Research, MD-PhD Program, Yale University
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Microbiology | Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development | Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, and Physiology
Internal Medicine: Infectious Diseases
Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Staphylococcus aureus; Innate immunity; Host-pathogen interactions; Mucosal immunity more...
- B.A., University of Chicago, 1986
- M.S., University of Chicago, 1986
- Ph.D., Rockefeller University, 1993
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 1994
- Kazmierczak BI, Hendrixson DR. (2013) Spatial and numerical regulation of flagellar biosynthesis in polarly-flagellated bacteria. Mol Microbiol 88:655-63.
- Schniederberend M, Abdurachim K, Murray TS, Kazmierczak BI (2013) The GTPase activity of FlhF is dispensable for flagellar localization, but not motility, in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. J Bacteriol 195: 1051-1060
- Jain R, Behrens AJ, Kaever V, Kazmierczak BI. (2012) Type IV pilus assembly in Pseudomonas aeruginosa over a broad range of c-di-GMP concentrations. J Bacteriol 194:4285-4294.