- Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Research Training Grants and FellowshipsList of all NRSA fellowships. List of NIH resources, FAQs, links to specific funding opportunities.
- Individual Fellowships for Graduate Students (F31)NRSA Fellowships for advanced graduate students (i.e., doctoral candidates). Period of support under the NRSA population, including individual and institutional grants, cannot exceed five years. There are 3 times for submission each year.
- Individual Predoctoral Fellowships for Minority Students (F31)Individual NRSA Fellowships for Minority Students. These have three application dates per year.
- Program AnnouncementsA listing of all program announcements can be found here. You should always check this site to see if the above announcements have been replaced.
- Graduate Research FellowshipsThree-year fellowships available to college seniors and first-year graduate students. Application deadlines are in late October/early November and awards are announced the following April.
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate FellowshipsFellowships for college seniors and first-year graduate students. Application deadlines are in mid-December, with announcements in late March.
- Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and ScienceGraduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Science: Fellowships for minority students pursuing a MS in Engineering or a PhD in Engineering or the Natural or Physical Sciences. These fellowships can be granted as early as junior year of college.
APA Minority Fellowships
- APA Minority Fellowship ProgramThe APA awards these fellowships that are funded by NIMH. Fellows must either be enrolled in a PhD program or enter one in the fall following the award. Support is provided for up to three years and includes travel funds for attending the SFN meeting and the SPINES program at the MBL in Woods Hole. Awards are announced in April.
Ford Foundation Fellowships
- Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowships for MinoritiesFellowships for minorities who are US citizens or nationals. Fellowships are open to college seniors as well as PhD students who have at least three years remaining in their course of study.
Hertz Foundation Fellowships
- Graduate FellowshipsFellowships for college seniors and graduate students pursuing a PhD in the physical sciences. Fellowships may be continued for up to five years total. Biological fields supported include bioengineering, biophysics/bio-imaging, computational neuroscience, structure analysis and synthesis, advanced instrumentation, biostatistics, and biotechnology.