Research & Publications
Adrienne Allen earned her Psy.D. in clinical psychology at the University of Hartford in 2015, and completed her postdoctoral training at the Institute of Living's Schizophrenia Rehabilitation Program and inpatient service. She is currently a psychologist at Connecticut Mental Health Center's West Haven Mental Health Clinic, where she provides trauma informed care to young adults with serious mental illness. Her major area of focus is on providing trauma sensitive behavioral interventions to clients living in residential and transitional housing programs in the New Haven area. Dr. Allen supervises predoctoral and postdoctoral psychology fellows, and provides clinical intervention trainings to professional staff, trainees, and residential care teams. Her primary research interest is on treating trauma in patients with schizophrenia spectrum disorders and other severe and persistent mental illnesses. Dr. Allen is an advocate of the recovery movement, and is an active member of the American Psychological Association (APA).
Education & Training
- Postdoctoral FellowInstitute of Living (2016)
- PsyDUniversity of Hartford, Graduate Institute of Professional Psychology (2015)
- Predoctoral FellowYale University (2015)
- MATeachers College, Columbia University, Clinical Psychology (2011)
- BAFranklin and Marshall College, Psychology (2008)