Long-term viral suppression, hepatitis C virus, measures of immunodeficiency, and cancer risk in the Veterans Aging Cohort Study, IWHOD, Park LS, March-April 2017.
Risk of hepatocellular carcinoma among persons living with HIV and viral hepatitis co-infection in the United States and Canada, 1996-2009, IWHOD, Sun J, March-April 2017.
- Hyperbilirubinemia prevents cardiovascular disease for HIV+ and HIV-individuals, CROI, Marconi V, February 2017.
The opioid crisis: Where are we and what can we do?
HIV endgame conference, Toronto, Ontario, Edelman EJ, October 2016.
- Risk of hepatic decompensation with cumulative mitochondrial toxic nucleoside analogue use in HIV/Hepatitis C coinfection, 32nd International Conference on Pharmacoepidemiology and Therapeutic Risk Management, Lo Re V, August 2016.
- HIV-1 RNA Suppression and Cancer, YCC-Wide Virus and Other Infection-associated Cancers (VOIC) Annual Retreat, Yale University, Justice AC, May 2016.
- Moving into the Post-Opioid Chronic Pain Treatment Era: Opportunities and Challenges, Internal Medicine Grand Rounds 13th Annual Ralph I. Horwitz Lectureship, Yale University School of Medicine, Becker WC, May 2016.
- AIDS Defining Events (ADEs) are Associated with Long-Term Risk of Mortality due to Non-AIDS Defining Events (NADEs) among HIV-infected Persons on Antiretroviral Therapy (ART), IWHOD, Pettit AC TR for the ART-CC investigators, April 2016.
- Comparing dynamic monitoring strategies based on evolving CD4 cell counts: a prospective study of virologically suppressed HIV-positive individuals in high-income countries, IWHOD, Caniglia E on behalf of CNICS and the HIV-CAUSAL Collaboration, April 2016.
- Improved life expectancy of HIV-1 positive patients starting ART between 1996-2010, IWHOD, Trickey A for the ART-CC investigators, April 2016.
- Hepatitis B and C, alcohol, and CD4 drive end-stage liver disease in HIV+ adults, CROI, Althoff KN for the North American AIDS Cohort Collaboration on Research and Design, February 2016.
Liver injury is associated with total cardiovascular disease, heart failure, stroke, coronary heart disease and acute myocardial infarction including among those without viral hepatitis (B or C), HIV, alcohol abuse and obesity, American Heart Association (AHA) Scientific Sessions, Orlando, Florida, So-Armah K, November 2015.
Screening for lung cancer in HIV+ persons in the context of general lung cancer screening guidelines, ICMAOI, Crothers K, October 2015.
Long-term viral suppression predicts lower cancer incidence among HIV-infected veterans, but higher than among uninfected, ICMAOI, Park LS, October 2015.
- Benefits and harms of lung cancer screening in HIV infected individuals: A simulation October 24, study, ICMAOI, Kong CY, October 2015.
- Mortality risk increases by alcohol exposure category among HIV-infected and uninfected individuals. RSA, Justice AC, June 2015.
- Non-medical use of prescription opioids is associated with heroin initiation among U.S. veterans: A prospective cohort study, Society for Epidemiologic Research (SER), Banerjee G, June 2015.
- Association between mortality and guideline-concordant long-term opioid therapy for pain, CPDD, Gaither J, June 2015.
- Do prescribed opioids impact CD4 count restoration among HIV+ patients initiating antiretroviral therapy? SGIM, Edelman EJ, April 2015.
- HIV and Alcohol, HIV, Hepatitis and Public Health Pathogens Programs (HHPHP) Meeting, HIV Live Meeting Series, Justice AC, April 2015.
Long-term viral suppression associated with lower cancer incidence in the Veterans Aging Cohort Study, IWHOD, Park LS, March 2015.
What is Frailty in HIV?: Geriatric Syndrome to Physiologic Process, CFAR HIV and Aging Conference Series, Emory University, Oursler KA, October 2014.
- Association of Long-Term Opioid and/or Benzodiazepine Receipt and Medication Count with Mortality among HIV-Infected and Uninfected Patients. SGIM, Weisberg DF, April 2014.
- Polypharmacy and Physiologic Frailty in HIV-Infected Veterans. SGIM, Sung M, April 2014.
Inflammatory biomarkers and CT detected lung nodules: Potential implications for lung cancer screening of HIV-infected patients. ICMAOI, Crothers K, November 2013.
Time trends of cancer mortality rates among men in the Veterans Aging Cohort Study. ICMAOI, Dubrow-Tate, November 2013.
- The power of Propensity Score Matching to Remove Confounding by Indication: Statins and Acute Myocardial Infarction among HIV Infected and Uninfected Veterans. CIRA Clinical and Health Services Research (CHSR) Core Meeting, Wang EH, November 2013.
- HIV seroconversion, antiretroviral therapy initiation and changes in biomarkers of organ function. International Workshop on HIV & Aging, Armah KA, October 2013.
- HIV+ individuals on ART are at risk of polypharmacy, yet more medications increases mortality. IDSA Week, Edelman EJ, October 2013.
- Multimorbidity, alcohol, HIV/AIDS, and non AIDS malignancies. RSA Annual Meeting, Justice AC, 2013.
- Quality of HIV care and mortality in HIV-infected patients who use drugs and alcohol. CPDD Conference, Korthuis PT, June 2013.
- Comparing AUDIT zone cutoffs among HIV infected and uninfected men. RSA Annual Meeting, McGinnis K, 2013.
- Does change in VACS Index after one year of ART provide additional prognostic information beyond viral suppression and CD4. IWHOD, Tate J, April 2013.
- Trends and correlates of opioid analgesic receipt among veterans with and without HIV: 1999-2010. SGIM Regional Meeting. Becker W 2013.
- Is weight gain beneficial for HIV infected individuals initiating combination antiretroviral treatment (cART) regardless of initial body mass index? Tate JP (presenter) Logeais M (main author) SGIM 2012
- Is Weight Gain Associated with Risk of Diabetes Mellitus In HIV Infected Individuals Initiating Combination Antiretroviral Therapy (cART)? Herrin M. START@Yale. 2012
- Combination Antiretroviral Therapy and Hepatic Decompensation in HIV/HCV Coinfected Veterans. IWHOD Workshop. Anderson JP 2012
- Hypertension, Prehypertension, Acute Myocardial Infarction & HIV. CROI. Armah K 2012
- Increased Burden of Lung Cancer among HIV-infected Persons: Implications for Screening. CISNET. Crothers K. 2012
- HIV Infection and cardiovasclar diseases, ICAAC Conference. Freiberg M, et al. [oral]
- Using Propensity Scores to Assess the Relationship Between HIV Status and Acute Myocardial Infarction in the Veterans Aging Cohort Study, 49th Annual Meeting of the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA), Justice AC, October 2011.
Overview of Ageing: How Can We Optimize Care in the Context of Multimorbidity? Royal Society of Medicine (RSM), Justice AC, September 2011.
- HIV, Aging and Multimorbidity: How Can We Most Effectively Improve Patient Outcomes? Justice AC. SGIM Workshop. 2011
- Multimorbidity, Aging and Cancer Screening: An Individualized Approach ICMAOI Symposium. AC Justice 2011
- Alcohol, HIV and Aging: Understanding and Intervening on Multimorbidity in The Veterans Aging Cohort Study (VACS). Justice AC. CAAS. 2011
- High FIB-4 index predicts increased liver cancer risk in HIV-infected patients. Park LS. IWHOD. 2011
- Performance of the Refined VACS Risk Index During the First 12 Months of Antiretroviral Therapy among US and European Subjects, IWHOD, Tate J, March 2011.
- "Hepatic safety and antiretroviral effectiveness in HIV-infected patients receiving naltrexone" Tetrault J, et al. The College on Problems of Drug Dependence (CPDD), 2010. Abstract
- Clinical Effectiveness, Surrogate Outcomes, and Multimorbidity. Justice AC. Yale GIM RiP. 2010
- HIV, “Comorbidity” and Aging: Time for a New Paradigm. Justice AC. International AIDS Meeting. 2010
- Measures of Unhealthy Alcohol Use Among HIV Infected and Uninfected Patients in the Veterans Aging Cohort Study (VACS). McGinnis K, Justice AC, Saitz R, Kraemer K, Bryant K, Fiellin D for the Veterans Aging Cohort Study. RSA. 2010
- "Hepatic safety and antiretroviral effectiveness in HIV-infected patients receiving naltrexone" Tetrault J, et al. Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM), 2010. Abstract - Accepted as one of twelve finalists for the Hamolsky award
- "Risk of anal cancer in HIV-Infected patients and HIV-uninfected controls in North America" Silverberg MJ, et al. 12th International Conference on Malignancies in AIDS and Other Acquired Immunodeficiencies (ICMAOI), 2010. Abstract
- "Impact of the cART penetration into the central nervous system on the incidence of neurological AIDS-defining events", HIV-Causal, 14th International Workshop on HIV Observational Databases (IWHOD), 2010. Abstract
- HIV Infection: An Independent Risk Factor for Lung Cancer. Sigel K. CROI. 2010
- HIV Infection and Fragility Fractures Among Male Veterans. Womack JA, Goulet J, Gibert C, Brandt C, Gulanski B, Mattocks K, Rimland D, Rodriguez-Barradas M, Tate J, Yin M, Justice AC for the Veterans Aging Cohort Study Project Team. CROI. 2010
- Substance abuse, HIV infection, medication adherence, & mortality among a cohort of aging US veterans. Green TC. Dissertation Defence. 2009
- Comorbidity and HIV in the Era of Combination Therapy Fultz SL VA HIV Lead Clinician Course Denver, CO 2008
- Immune reconstitution inflammatory syndromes in HIV HIV-infected patients: Does HAART hurt? Crothers K
- Comorbidities (Non-AIDS Conditions) in Older HIV Infected Patients Justice AC AGS Symposium: HIV in the Older Population: A Growing Problem 2008
- Drug Toxicity or Comorbidity: Does Tipranavir Increase the Risk of Intracranial Hemorrhage? Justice AC, Zingmond D, Gordon K, Fultz S, Goulet J, King J, Bravata D, Valdez H, Kraft M, Mattocks K International Cohorts 2008
- Relevance and Risks of Cigarette Smoking for HIV-infected Patients Crothers, K 2007
- Comorbidity and Outcomes in HIV Infection Justice AC 2002
- Association of Thrombosis with HIV and Survival: A Comparison of HIV Positive and Negative Veterans Fultz SL, McGinnis KA, Skanderson M, Ragni MV, Justice AC International Cohorts 2003
- HIV Patients Have More Thromboembolic Events Than Controls Which Are Associated With Poorer Survival Fultz SL, McGinnis KA, Skanderson M, Ragni MV, Justice AC HSR&D 2003
- Impact of Hepatitis C, HIV, or Both on Survival in Veterans in Care Before and After the Introduction of HAART Fultz SL, Chang CH, Butt AA, Skanderson M, Rimland D, Rigsby MO, Justice AC HSR&D 2003
- Detecting Drug Toxicity with Pre-existing Organ Injury: Comorbidity and HIV Treatment Justice AC 2003
- Medical and NeuroPsychiatric Comorbidity in HIV Infection and it's Association with Patient Outcomes Justice AC, McGinnis KA, Wagner J, Conigliaro J, Rabeneck L for the VACS Project Team Gerentological Society of America 2002
- The Role of Comorbidity in Determining Outcomes in HIV Justice AC Grand Rounds University of Pittsburgh 2002
- The Role of Comorbidity in Long Term HIV Infection and Treatment Justice AC for the CHORUS and VACS Project Teams 2002
- Comorbidity and Outcomes in HIV Infection Justice AC for the VACS Project Team 2002
- Liver Function Tests Independently Predict HIV Survival Justice AC, Wagner JH, Fusco GP, Fusco JS, Dieterich DT, Becker SL, McGinnis KA, Conigliaro J, Bonomo R, Rodriquez-Barradas M for the CHORUS and VACS 3 Project Teams XIV International AIDS Conference 2002
- Resolved: Individual Biomarkers Will Advance the Care of those Aging with HIV More than Indices, IWHOD , Justice AC, April 2017.
- Aging and HIV, 12th Annual Graying of HIV Conference, Baltimore, Maryland, Justice AC, March 2017.
- Aging and HIV: Insights from the Veterans Aging Cohort Study (VACS), British Columbia Center of Excellence in HIV/AIDS, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Justice AC, February 2017.
- Inflammation, Aging, and HIV, Hot Topics in HIV Webinar Series, PRIME Education, Justice AC, September 2016.
- HIV and Aging Mechanisms for Hepatocellular Cancer, VA Liver Cancer Summit, New York Harbor VA Medical Center, Justice AC, September 2016.
- Social determinants of health of veterans aging with HIV: a phenomenological study, GSA , Perkins M, November 2015.
- HIV and Aging: One Size Does Not Fit All. District of Columbia Center for AIDS Research (CFAR), Georgetown University, Justice AC, October 2015.
- HIV and Aging: An Evolving Understanding, 19th annual HIV Update: Contemporary Issues in Management, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, Justice AC, May 2015.
- Aging and HIV: Medical Consequences of Alcohol & Multisubstance Use, Center for Alcohol and Addiction Studies (CAAS) rounds, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, Justice AC, January 2015.
- Frailty, Function and the VACS Index Among People Aging with and without HIV infection, HIV and Aging Symposium, Harvard Medical School, Justice AC, November 2014.
Aging and HIV: From Mitochondria to the Metropolis, CFAR HIV and Aging Conference Series, Emory University, Justice AC, October 2014.
Optimizing care for those aging with HIV Infection.
ICAAC, Justice AC, September 2014.
- Aging and HIV: The Next Challenge. VA Washington Healthcare System Grand Rounds, Justice AC, May 2014.
- Aging and HIV: Unifying Concepts. Washington University School of Medicine, Justice AC, April 2014.
Aging and HIV: The Next Challenge.
CDUHR, New York University, Justice AC, February 2014.
- Aging and HIV: Key Questions and Unifying Concepts. HIV Grand Rounds, University of Pennsylvania, Justice AC, February 2014. Talk link.
- Aging and HIV: The Next Therapeutic Challenge. Spanish AIDS Conference, Justice, November 2013.
- Aging and HIV: The Next Challenge. Rush University, Justice AC, November 2013.
- Aging and HIV: The Next Challenge. National Conference on HIV/AIDS & Aging, Justice AC, September 2013.
- Aging and HIV: Setting Priorities in the Context of Increasing Complexity, HIV Live Audio Meeting Series, August 2013.
- Aging with HIV: Setting Priorities in the Context of Increasing Complexity. IAS Conference, Justice AC, April 2013.
Epidemiological and Clinical Aspects: Lessons Learned from the First Wave of Aging with HIV.
International AIDS COnference (IAC), Justice AC, July 2012. Webcast link
- Epidemiological and Clinical Aspects: Lessons Learned from the First Wave of Aging with HIV. UN Church Center. Justice AC 2012
- What Can a Bunch of Aging Veterans Teach Us About Health Care? UNC School of Med. Justice AC 2012
- Aging with HIV: Accelerated or Altered? Justice AC. YPA. 2012
- Aging with HIV: Accelerated or Altered? Justice AC. CROI Conference. 2012
Women, Aging and HIV. Womack J. IWHWAM. 2012
- HIV and Aging: Time for a New Paradigm. Justice AC. Brown Health Services Research and Development Center. 2011
- Aging in the HIV-Infected Population. Justice AC. Clinical Care Options. 2011
- Clinical Application of a Risk Index for People Aging on ART, CROI, Justice AC, February 2011.
- HIV and Aging: Maturation of an Epidemic and a Research Agenda. Justice AC. Grand Rounds. 2010
- Aging and HIV Infection: Epidemiology and Clinical Issues. Justice AC. White House, Eisenhower Executive Office Building. 2010
- HIV and Aging: The Importance of a Nuanced Approach. Justice AC. OHTN. 2010
- Growing Older with the Epidemic: HIV and Aging. Justice AC. Ryan White All Grantees Meeting. 2010
- Veterans Aging Cohort and Improving Outcomes Among those Aging with HIV. Justice AC. CIRA Retreat. 2010
- HIV and Aging: Embracing the Complexity of Chronic Disease. Justice AC. ICAAC. 2010
- HIV and Aging: Time for a New Paradigm. Justice AC. ACT HIV Meeting. 2010
- "HIV and Aging in VACS" Justice A, et al. National Research Advisory Council (NRAC), Feb 2010.
- HIV and Aging: Comorbidity, Toxicity, AND Disease Progression. Justice AC. IDSA. 2009
- HIV and Aging: The Spectrum of Disease Changes Justice AC. Kaiser. 2009
- HIV and Aging: The Spectrum of Disease Changes Justice AC. International AIDS Society–USA. 2009
- HIV and Aging: An Evolving Epidemic Goetz MB. International AIDS Society–USA. 2009
- HIV and Aging: “Non-AIDS” Conditions in HIV Infected Patients Justice AC 2008
- Growing Old with HIV Rimland D 2007
- The Changing Epidemiology of AIDS Justice AC GSA Symposium: HIV and Aging 2007
- Aging with HIV: “Insights” from the Veterans Aging Cohort Study Justice AC, Goulet J for the VACS Project Team IDSA 2007
- Overarching Issues: Why Are We Here? Justice AC Workshop on HIV and Aging 2007
- HIV and Aging Oursler K, Justice AC IDSA 2007
- Alcohol and mortality in HIV: combining alcohol self-report and biomarker detected alcohol measures among HIV infected and uninfected, RSA, Eyawo O, June 2017.
Pain among individuals with HCV and substance use disorders: Impact of direct-acting antiviral treatment, CPDD, Goulet J, June 2017.
Impact of smoking, hypertension & cholesterol on myocardial infarction in HIV+ adults, CROI , NA-ACCORD-Althoff KN, February 2017.
Complementary and alternative medicine among HIV-positive patients in the current treatment era, GSA, Halpin S, November 2016.
- Long-term alcohol use patterns and HIV disease severity in U.S. veterans: A joint trajectory analysis, International AIDS Conference, Marshall BDL, July 2016.
Coordinated care for smoking cessation in low income veterans: The connect to quit (CTQ) trial, Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco (SRNT), Chicago, Illionis, Tindle H, March 2016.
Substance Use Disorder Health Services Use and Pharmacotherapy in HIV Infected and Uninfected Patients, Addiction Health Services Research (AHSR), Kraemer KL, October, 2015.
Application of indicators to monitor US Department of health and human services-funded HIV services in the North American AIDS Cohort Collaboration on Research and Design
. CROI. Althoff KN 2013
- HIV-infected adults are at greater risk for MI, non-AIDS cancer, and ESRD, but events occur at similar ages compared to uninfected adults. CROI. Althoff KN 2013
- Managed Problem Solving: Results of an Antiretroviral Adherence Intervention Trial. WIP. Gross R. 2011
- Hepatic and Antiretroviral Safety in Medication Assisted Treatment of HIV-infected Patients with Substance Use Disorders. ASAM. Fiellin DA. 2011
- Prevalence and Impact of Alcohol on HIV. CAAS. Fiellin D. 2011
- The Association Between Race, HIV Infection Status, and Heart Failure. Watson C. Nineteenth Annual NHLBI Cardiovascular Diversity Research Supplement Awardee Session. 2011
- Food Insecurity is Associated with Poor Virologic and Immunologic Response Among HIV-infected Patients. Wang EA. SGIM. 2010
- "Rural Residence is Associated with Increased Mortality among Veterans nitiating Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy for HIV Infection” Ohl M, et al. Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM), 2010. Abstract
- "The Prevalence of Musculoskeletal Conditions in Female and Male Veterans Returning from Afghanistan and Iraq (OEF-OIF)" Haskell S, et al. Building the Evidence Base to Improve Health Care and Outcomes for Women Veterans: VA Women's Health Services Research Conference, 2010.
- The Kenya Health Behavior Study: Piloting Results Papas RK CIRA 2009
- Women’s experiences with war in Iraq and Afghanistan: Women veterans coping with combat exposure and military sexual trauma Mattocks K, Haskell S, Justice AC, Brandt C
- Pregnancy and Mental Health Care among Women Veterans Returning from Iraq and Afghanistan Mattocks K, Skanderson M, Goulet J, Haskell S, Justice AC, Brandt C
- A Multimodal Intervention for Veterans with HIV Infection Justice AC for the VACS Project Team 2008
- Targeting Clinical Intervention Among Veterans with HIV Infection: Adherence, Alcohol, and Non-ARV Treatment Toxicity Justice AC University of Pennsylvania Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics 2008
- Impact of smoking on respiratory-related illness and outcomes in HIV-infected patients Crothers K 2007
- Alcohol Use and Abuse in Older Veterans Gordon AJ Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
Effective Use of ‘Big Data’: Beware the Sirens’ Song, Yale University Course in Skill Development in Diverse Scientific Careers, Justice AC, April 2017.
VACS e-Health applications: VACS Index Calculator and Timeline Follow back, Yale University Mobile Technology Interest Group (mYale), Brandt CA, Justice AC, Kidwai-Khan F, February 2017.
REDCap for Patient Registry and Data Repository, American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA), Addy PH, November, 2016.
Phenotype Using Longitudinal VA Electronic Health Data, VA Office of Research & Development Phenotype Workshop, Washington, DC, Justice AC, September 2016.
Checking inverse probability weights for time-varying HIV treatments via balance of baseline covariates, IWHOD, Caniglia E on behalf of the HIV-CAUSAL Collaboration, April 2016.
Using the VACS Index to Track Health Outcomes Associated with Changes in Drug Use, American Society of Addiction Medicine, Fiellin DA, April 2016.
Gender Disparities in Highest Research Honors: Yale School of Medicine Student Thesis Awards 2003-2015, General Internal Medicine Research in Progress Meeting, Yale University School of Medicine, Justice AC and King JT, March 2016.
- Personalized Medicine in the Era of Electronic Health Records, Georgetown University Grand Rounds, Justice AC, October 2015.
Using the VA Electronic Health Record to Revolutionize Health Care, VISN Executive Leadership Board, VACT, West Haven, Justice AC, May 2015.
- Using the VACS Index to track health outcomes associated with changes in drug use. CPDD Conference, Tate JP, June 2013.
- The VACS Index as an Outcome Measure. Tate J. NYSDOH. 2012
- Database Analyses, Ancillary Studies, and Systematic Reviews. Justice AC. PA Course. 2011
- Implementation of a Text-Mining-Based Clinical Decision Support Tool to Improve the Management of Pulmonary Nodules, 28th National Meeting of VA's Health Services Research and Development Service (HSR&D), Garla V, February 2011.
- "Accounting for the Hierarchical Structure in Veterans Administration Datasets: Differences in Mental Health Service Utilization between Men and Women Veterans" Goulet J, et al. Building the Evidence Base to Improve Health Care and Outcomes for Women Veterans: VA Women's Health Services Research Conference, 2010.
- Prognostic Models in HIV infection. Tate J. Harvard PhD Dissertation Defense. 2010
- AMPATH Academic Model Providing Access to Healthcare (Originally focus: HIV/AIDS Care) 2009
- Variation in Veterans’ Access to Internet and Email: Potential Impact on VHA Electronic Health Communication Gordon K. VIReC Clinical Informatics Seminar. 2009
- Measuring Performance Using the Electronic Medical Record: A Comparison with External Peer Review Program Data Goulet JL, Erdos J. Kancir S, Levin F. Wright SM, Daniels SM; Nilan L, Justice AC HSR&D 2007
- Using VA Data: A Cautionary Tale Kim N September 5, 2007
- Linking Decision Analysis to Health Policy and Clinical Guidelines Braithwaite RS
- Update on VACS: Using Observational Data to Inform an Integrated Alcohol Intervention for HIV Infected Individuals Bryant K for the VACS Project Team RSA 2007
- VA Databases and A New Approach to Clinical Research: Clinical Case Registry (CCR), NSQUIP, and VACS Justice AC JCSP VA Day 2007
- Surveillance Databases: Clinical Case Registry (CCR), NSQUIP, and VACS Justice AC JCSP VA Day 2006
- Liver Function Tests Independently Predict HIV Survival. Justice AC. International AIDS Conference. 2002
Do Well by Doing Good: Expand the Connecticut Prescription Monitoring and Reporting System (CPMRS), Commission on Economic Competitiveness and The Commerce Committee regarding “Building the Precision Medicine and Personalized Health Cluster in Connecticut” , Hartford, Connecticut, Justice AC, February 2017.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Being Left Handed in a Right Handed Scientific Universe, 2nd Leadership in Biomedicine Lecture, Yale University School of Medicine, Justice AC, January 2016.
- Maturation of an Epidemic and a Physician Scientist. Elisha Atkins Physician-Scientist Society Meeting, Yale University, Justice AC, October 2015.
COMpAAAS Update, CHAART Meeting, Annual Research Society on Alcoholism (RSA) Scientific Meeting, San Antonio, Texas, Justice AC, June 2015.
- Two for One: PCORI Application and Simplify Trial. CHSR Core and CRI Core Joint Meeting. Justice AC, December 2013.
- One Career in Primary Care Research with Ideas for Others. Primary Care Progress Group. Justice AC. 2012
- The Veterans Aging Cohort Study (VACS): The Role of Co-morbid Medical and Psychiatric Disease on HIV Clinical Outcomes. Wang E. CME. 2012
- The VACS Index as a Surrogate Outcome for HIV/AIDS Clinical Trials. Kirkwood KA. Joint Statistical Meetings. 2012
- General Internal Medicine and Primary Care, VA Connecticut. Justice AC. VA Connecticut, General Internal Medicine. 2012
- COMpAAAS: Consortium to Improve OutcoMes in hiv/Aids, Alcohol, Aging, and multi-Substance use. NIAAA. Justice AC, Fiellin D, Braithwaite. 2011
- The Veterans Aging Cohort Study: Progress and Future Directions. Justice AC. VA Central Office. 2011
- Implications of the VACS Index for Clinical Management. Justice AC. NYSDOH. 2011
- How Can the Veterans Aging Cohort Study Risk Index (VACS Index) Inform Care of Those Aging with HIV? Justice AC. Grand Rounds. 2010
- Integrating and Prioritizing HIV and “non HIV” Care in the cART Era. Justice AC. HIV Live Meeting. 2010
- Does level of Alcohol Consumption Predict VACS Risk Score among Veterans with HIV Infection? Justice AC. RSA. 2010
- Integrating and Prioritizing HIV and “non HIV” Care in the cART Era. Justice AC. Ryan White Meeting. 2010
- VACS: Plans for 2011 and Beyond Justice A 2009
- VACS Scientific Meeting Summary Report October 13-15, 2008 Mattocks K
- Veterans Aging Cohort Studies (VACS) Update 2008. Justice AC for the VACS Project Team. Grand Rounds. 2008
- Veterans Aging Cohort Studies (VACS) Update 2008 Justice AC for the VACS Project Team
- The Veterans Aging Cohort Study: Understanding and Improving Outcomes in HIV Infection Fiellin D, Brandt C, Justice AC for the VACS Project Team and Informatics Fellowship SGIM 2007
- General Internal Medicine and Primary Care, VA Connecticut 2008 Justice A
- Amy Justice: Welcome, Steering Committee Introductions and Review of Meeting Aims from the Principal Director of COMpAAAS
- Kendall Bryant: Opening remarks from NIAAA Director of HIV/AIDS and Alcohol Research
Orientation to New Projects
- Amy Justice: The Veterans Aging Cohort Study and Resource for Informatics & Biostatistics (RIB)
- David Fiellin: Financial Incentives, Randomization with Stepped Treatment (FIRST) Trial
- Scott Braithwaite: Operations Research
Translational Research Projects
- Russell Tracy: Precision Medicine: Is There a Role for “Deep Phenotyping”?
- Kathleen McGinnis: Validating Harmful Alcohol Use as a Phenotype for Genetic Discovery: Using Phosphatidylethanol and a Polymorphism in ADH1B
- F. Perry Wilson: Valproic Acid, Incidence and Progression of Chronic Kidney Disease
- Matthew Freiberg: VACS in the Age of Omics
VACS Index, Polypharmacy, and Multisubstance Use
- Janet Tate: Predicting Readmission and 30 Day Mortality in General Hospital Patients
- Brandon Marshall: Patterns, Predictors, and Consequences of Non-medical Prescription Opioid Use in the VACS
- Scott Braithwaite: Willingness to Pay for Better Alcohol Biomarkers
- Amy Justice: Polypharmacy Initiative
- Kristina Niehoff: Addressing Polypharmacy using the Tool to Reduce Inappropriate Medications (TRIM) Video-Presentation-Script
- Vincent Lo Re: HIV and Aging Mechanisms for Hepatocellular Cancer
- Tamar Taddei: Characterizing the Histologic Morphology of Liver Cancer: Creating a Formalin Fixed, Paraffin Embedded Tissue and Slide Repository
- Lesley Park: Virus-Related Cancers in the VACS
- Janet Tate: Safety and Comparative Effectiveness of Gabapentin for Unhealthy Alcohol Use in HIV
- E. Jennifer Edelman: Non-medical Use of Prescription Opioids Among HIV-infected Individuals: Trajectories and Impact on Health Outcomes
- Kevin Kraemer: Comparative Effectivenaess of Alcohol and Drug Treatment in HIV-infected Veterans
Patient Salient Outcomes
- Julie Womack: HIV Infection and Falls
- Kristina Crothers: COPD, Pneumonia and Outcomes in HIV infection
- Keith Sigel: Lung Cancer: Key Findings and Future Directions
- Kathleen Akgun: Alcohol-related Diagnoses Increase Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) Admission Risk in HIV-infected and Uninfected Patients
Birth Cohort and Big Data Initiatives
- R. George Hauser: Standardized Laboratory Data as a Service
- Farah Kidwai-Khan: ICD9 vs ICD10” - A Comparison Using VAC Data
- Denise Esserman: Introduction to the Birth Cohort: Veterans Born Between 1945 and 1965
- Basile Njei: Chronic Hepatitis C Treatment and Outcomes in U.S. Veterans Born 1945-1965
- Michael Silverberg: Antiretroviral Therapy Strategies to Lower Cancer Risk in HIV-infected Persons
- Margaret May: NIAAA Application Aims: Hazardous Alcohol/Substance Use, and Smoking
- Brian Agan: DoD-VA HIV Collaborations
- Keri Althoff: Recent Findings from HIV and Aging Studies: VACS as a Collaborating Cohort in the NA-ACCORD
- Kendall Bryant: Opening Remarks from NIAAA Director of HIV/AIDS and Alcohol Research
- Matthew Freiberg : “Targeting HIV Comorbidities with Pharmacotherapy to Reduce Alcohol and Tobacco Use in HIV Infected Russians” [URBAN ARCH]
- David Fiellin : “Financial Incentives, Randomization with Stepped Treatment (FIRST Trial) for Unhealthy Alcohol Use in HIV” [COMpAAAS]
- Karen Cropsey and Heidi Hutton : “An Algorithm Approach to Treating Alcohol Use Disorders in HIV Clinics” [Hopkins ARCH]
- Judy Hahn : “TB Preventive Therapy for HIV Infected Alcohol Users in Uganda: An Evaluation of Safety, Tolerability, and Adherence” [URBAN ARCH]
- Christopher Kahler : “The Science of Behavior Change and Intervention Implementation in Alcohol HIV Research” [SHARC & Brown ARCH]
- Heidi Crane : “Multisubstance Use, HCV Treatment Cascade, Age-Related Comorbidities” [Hopkins ARCH]
- Amy Justice : “The Impact of Polypharmacy, PIMs, and Pharmacotherapy for AUD and HCV” [COMpAAAS]
- Jennifer Uyei (presenting for Scott Braithwaite) : “Alcohol, Alcohol Screening, and HCV Treatment Cascade” [COMpAAAS]
- Alicia Ventura (presenting for Richard Saitz) : “Alcohol and HIV Associated Comorbidity and Complications: Frailty, Functional Impairment, Falls, and Fractures (the 4F study)”
- Robert Cook : “Florida Cohort” [SHARC]
- Tyler Wray : “Studying Drinking and HIV-risk Among Men who Have Sex with Men in the Lab and the Real World” [Brown ARCH]
- Janet Tate : “Propensity Techniques and Measurement Error Correction” [COMpAAAS]
- Don Operario : “HIV and Alcohol Syndemics in Sexual and Gender Minority Populations” [Brown ARCH and COMpAAAS]
- Matthew Freiberg : “Translational Research” [URBAN ARCH and COMpAAAS]
- Bryan Lau : “Causal Inference in Competing Risk Settings” [Hopkins ARCH]
- Kendall Bryant : Future Cross Cohort Collaborations
Wednesday, May 14th
7:00-8:00 PM-Introduction and Orientation to CHAART Consortia
- 7:00-Kendall Bryant: Welcome from NIAAA Scientific Collaborator
Thursday, May 15th
8:00-10:15-Plenary #1: Alcohol, Immune Function, and Multimorbidity in HIV (Moderators: Betsy McCaul and Jeffrey Samet)
- 8:00-Adam Carrico: “Heavy Alcohol Use and Immune Activation in HIV+ not on ART”
- 8:15-Jennifer Edelman: “Is Unhealthy Alcohol Use Associated with CD4 Count among HIV+ On and Off Combination Antiretroviral Therapy”
- 8:30-Brandon Marshall: “Unhealthy Alcohol Use and Long-Term Drinking Trajectories Among HIV+ Male Veterans Who Have Sex with Men”
- 8:45-Natalie Kelso: “The Influence of Alcohol Use and Depression on Cardiovascular Disease Among HIV+ and the Role of Inflammation”
- 9:00-Jeffrey Samet: “Pain is Associated with Risky Drinking over Time Among HIV+ in St. Petersburg, Russia”
- 9:15-Nadia Fairbairn: “Mortality in HIV+ Substance Users in Russia”
- 9:30-Liver Core Featured Presentation: Debika Bhattacharya: “Alcohol and Isolated Hepatitis B Core Antibody Are Associated with Advanced Hepatic Fibrosis”
- 9:45-Aging Workgroup Featured Presentation: Keri Althoff: “Evidence of Accentuated, Not Accelerated, Aging in HIV+ Compared with Uninfected Adults for MI, ESRD, and Non-AIDS Cancers”
10:30-12:15-Plenary #2: New Approaches to Measurement and Analyses of Alcohol and Its Effects (Moderators: Amy Justice and Kendall Bryant)
- 10:30-Sarah Woolf-King: “Biomarkers of Semen Exposure with HIV+ Ugandan Women Who Consume Alcohol: A Feasible and Acceptable Way to Objectively Assess Recent
- 10:45-Tara White: “Functional Brain Response to Alcohol in HIV+ and Uninfected Social Drinkers”
- 11:00-Judith Hahn: “Unhealthy Alcohol Use Measured by Phosphatidylethanol: Preliminary Data and Cross-Cohort Analysis Proposal”
- 11:15-Janet Tate: “Sensitivity to Intoxication by HIV Status and VACS Index Score Varies by Alcohol Level”
- 11:30-Janet Tate: “Sick Quitters and Use of Propensity Scores: Effect of Alcohol Cessation on VACS Index”
- 11:45-Informatics and ABC Cores Featured Presentation: Farah Kidwai-Khan: “Self Completed and Web Based, Timeline Follow Back for Alcohol and Multisubstance Use”
1:45-3:30-Plenary #3: HIV, Alcohol, Health Behaviors, and Provider Response (Moderators: Robert Cook and Peter Monti)
- 1:45-Nadine Mastroleo: “Association of PTSD, Alcohol, and Sex Risk: Support for Integrated Treatment”
- 2:00-Shahida Shahrir: “Unhealthy Alcohol Use and Thinking About Smoking Cessation and Quit Attempts in HIV+ and Uninfected Smokers”
- 2:15-Anne Monroe: “Barriers to the Use of Alcohol Pharmacotherapy in HIV Care Settings”
- 2:30-Julie Gaither: “Guideline-Concordant Management of Opioid Therapy Among HIV+ Patients With and Without Unhealthy Alcohol Use”
- 2:45-Christopher Rentsch: “Alcohol Diagnoses and Hospitalization Rates Among HIV+ and Uninfected Veterans from 1997-2009”
- 3:00-Featured New NIAAA study: Michael Silverberg and Derek Satre: “Primary Care based Interventions to Reduce Alcohol Use Among HIV+”
3:45-5:15-CHAART Intervention Studies Status Update and Panel Discussion Chaired by David Fiellin and Richard Saitz: Brief presentations followed by general discussion
- 3:45-ARCH (Brown University), Christopher Kahler: “Brief Alcohol Intervention for HIV+ MSM in a Primary Care Setting”
- 4:00-ARCH (Brown University), Peter Monti: “Sex Risk and Alcohol Feedback in the Emergency Room”
- 4:15-ARCH (Johns Hopkins), Betsy McCaul: “Integration of Evidence-Based Alcohol Interventions into HIV Care”
- 4:30-COMpAAAS, David Fiellin: “Integrated Stepped Care of Unhealthy Alcohol Use in HIV”
- 4:45-URBAN ARCH, Matthew Freiberg: “Zinc for HIV Disease Among Alcohol Users”
- 5:00-SHARC, Robert Cook: “What-if? Naltrexone vs. Placebo for Hazardous Drinking in Women with HIV”
Friday, May 16th
8:00-10:00-Friday Plenary: Cross Consortia Cores and Workgroups (Moderators: David Rimland and Janet Tate)
- 8:00-Amy Justice: “Cross Workgroup, Core, and Consortia Collaboration”
- 8:30-Kris Ann Oursler: “Frality-related Phenotype, VACS Index, and Alcohol Use Predict Hospital Admission and Mortality”
- 8:45-Matthew Freiberg: “HIV, Alcohol, Immune Function, and CVD Risk: Updates for the VACS CVD Translational Cores”
- 9:00-Jonathan Bates: “Natural Language Processing to Detect Medically Significant Falls”
- 9:15-Geetanjali Chander: “Women, HIV and Alcohol”
- 9:30-Todd Korthuis: “Quality of HIV Care and Mortality in HIV Infected Patients with Unhealthy Alcohol Use”
- Scott Braithwaite: “Policy Modeling, Finding the Cure, and International and Cross Cohort Alcohol Research Collaborations in HIV"
- Welcome, Introduction to Scientific Meeting, and Overview - Bryant K, Justice AC
- Sustained Release Naltrexone in HIV-Infected Heavy Drinkers: A Randomized Clinical Trial - Fiellin D
- Decision Support Tools in the VA: Next Steps for Personalization, Prioritization, and Resource Allocation - Braithwaite S
- The Self Assessment of Adherence Intervention Tool: A Pilot Study - Kim N
- Hepatic Safety and Antiretroviral Effectiveness of Naltrexone in - Fiellin D
- VACS Index Calculator: A Pilot Study - Kawecki T
- Proinflammatory Mediators and Anemia in the VACS Cohort - Vanasse G
- Update on the VACS New ART Initiator Protocol - Freiberg M
- T Cell Phenotypes Among HAART-Treated Individuals in VACS - Emu B
- Clinical HIV Research in the U.S. Military: A Collaborative Effort - Agan B
- State-of-the-Art Analysis of Competing Risks - Chang J
- Update on the VACS HIV CVD Substudy and Preliminary - Freiberg M
- HIV Infection, Hepatitis C Infection, and the Risk of Stroke in the VACS Virtual Cohort - Sico J
- Health Factors Smoking Validation: A Comparison Between Administrative Data and Self Report from the VACS Survey - McGinnis K
- Pulmonary Disease Among HIV Infected Veterans - Crothers K
- Alcohol Consumption and Depressive Symptoms: Three-Year Follow-Up in Patients With and Without HIV Infections - Goulet J
- Quality of HIV Care for Veterans with Unhealthy Alcohol Use” - Kraemer K
- Mistrust and Endorsement of Conspiracy Beliefs Among HIV-Infected Veterans: Preliminary Results from the AMFAR Study” - Mattocks K
- HIV Infection and Fragility Fractures - Woamack J
- Introduction and Overview - Justice AC
- Refinement, Validation for Mortality in ART-CC, and Responsiveness to Adherence in VACS -Tate J
- Cross Sectional Association with Drinking Levels and Lifetime Drinking History - McGinnis K
- Cross Sectional Association with Functional Performance - Oursler KA
- Prediction of ICU Admissions - Akgun K
- External Validation for Mortality and Discrimination Among Treatment Arms in OPTIMA - Brown S
- Next Steps - Justice AC
- Welcome and Overview - Justice AC
- VACS Progress and Future Directions - Justice AC
- More Patients, More Disease, Finite Resources: What’s a Provider To Do? - Justice AC
- Integrated Stepped Care for Unhealthy Alcohol Use in HIV - Fiellin D
- The DoD HIV Natural History Study Repository - Agan B
- HIV Status, Burden of Comorbid Disease and Biomarkers of Inflammation, Altered Coagulation and Microbial Translocation - Armah K
- HIV Program at the VA North Texas Health Care System - Bedimo R
- HIV and Heart Failure: Understanding Matters of the Heart - Butt A
- Operations Research Modeling to Optimize Intervention Design - Braithwaite S
- Effect of HIV and Diabetes on Kidney Failure and Mortality - Brown S
- The Florida Consortium to Address Alcohol and HIV in Women - Cook B
- Updates from the Examinations of HIV Associated Lung Emphysema (EXHALE) Study - Crothers K
- HIV-Related Malignancies - Dubrow R
- Opioid Analgesic Prescribing Among HIV-Infected and Uninfected Veterans - Edelman J
- Update on the VACS HIV CVD Study - Freiberg M
- Update and Proposed Additions to the VACs Tissue Bank - Freiberg M
- Correlates of Homelessness - Ghose T
- Unhealthy Alcohol and Illicit Drug Use are Associated with Decreased Quality of HIV Care - Kraemer K
- Hepatic Decompensation Among HIV/Hepatitis C-Coinfected Patients - Lo Re V
- ARCH and the CFAR Network of Integrated Clinical Systems (CNICS) - McCaul B
- Examining Changes in Alcohol Use and the VACS Index - McGinnis K
- Correlation of VACS Index Vs. Restricted Index with Functional Performance and Sarcopenia - Oursler KA
- FIB-4 Index is Associated with Hepatocellular Carcinoma Risk in HIV-Infected Patients - Park L
- Bacterial Pneumonia in the cART Era - Rodriguez-Barradas M
- Uganda Russia Boston Alcohol Network for Alcohol Research Collaboration on HIV/AIDS (URBAN ARCH) - Samet J
- Motivation to Quit and Use of Smoking Cessation Therapies in VACS 8 - Shahrir S
- Peripheral Neuropathy in the cART Era - Sico J
- Chest CT Scan Findings and Implications for Lung Cancer Screening in Asymptomatic HIV Infected Patients (EXHALE) - Sigel K
- Community Viral Load in the VA -Tate J
- The VACS Index as an Outcome Measure - Tate J
- A View on the Role of Inflammation in Chronic Diseases and Aging - Tracy R
- The Association of Genetic Variability in Leptin and Anemia in HIV+ Cohorts - Vanasse G
- Impact of Incarceration on Substance Abuse and HIV Outcomes
- Meeting Overview
- Introduction - Mattocks K
- Introduction - Justice A
- A Clinical Decision Support Tool to Individualize Screening Decisions for HIV-infected Patients - Braithwaite S
- Determination of the Date of First HAART Initiation for All Patients in the Veterans Aging Cohort Study - Gandhi N
- Identification of Latent Groups Using Veterans' Responses on the HIV Symptom Inventory: Discussion of an Empirical Method of Sorting Veterans with HIV into Clinically-Meaningful Groups - Kudel I
- A Better Index of Mortality Risk: Combining HIV and Non- HIV Biomarkers - Justice A
- Longitudinal Studies of HIV-associated Lung Complications - Crothers K
- Cardiovascular Disease Mechanisms in HIV Infected and Uninfected Veterans - Freiberg M
- Alcohol Consumption and Depressive Symptoms: Three-Year Follow-Up in Patients with and Without HIV Infection - Sullivan L
- Moderate Alcohol Consumption and Progression of Liver Disease in HIV-infected and Uninfected Veterans - Klein M
- Decompensated Cirrhosis Outcomes Ascertainment and Adjudication in the VACS - Lo Re V
- MRSA and VACS: A Unique Opportunity - Graber
- A Pilot Study on Acceptance of Computer Assisted Self Administered Survey for Risk Behavior: Preliminary Results - Duggal M
- Erectile Dysfunction Drug use and Risky Sexual Behavior in Male Veterans with and without HIV infection - Cook
- Suicidal Ideation among HIV-Infected and Uninfected Veterans in Care - Goulet J
- Longitudinal Patterns of Substance Abuse in the Veterans Aging Cohort Study (VACS) - Green T
- Impact of Alcohol Abuse and Dependence on Liver Fibrosis in HIV+/HIV- Veterans - Lim
- The Kenya Health Behavior Study: Piloting Results - Papas B
- Pharmacologic Interventions for Hazardous Drinking - Fiellin D
- The Development and Testing of the Self-Assessment of Adherence Intervention Tool - Kim N
- Providers' Roles in Facilitating Behavior Change - Montague
- The Clinical Impact of Alcohol on HIV Mitochondrial Metabolism - Gerschenson M
- Whole-genome Association Analysis of Risk Taking Behavior in the Context of Alcohol Abuse in a Cohort of HIV Positive Veterans - Simen A
- Genetic and Inflammatory Factors in Anemia in the Elderly - Vanasse G
- Welcome and Introduction to Scientific Meeting - Justice A, Bryant K
- Alcohol Updates - Fiellin D
- The Computer Assisted Lifestyle Management Program (CALM) - Conigliaro J
- The Impact of Cigarette Smoking on Morbidity and Mortality Among HIV+ and HIV- Veterans - Crothers K
- Patterns of Comorbidity Among HIV-infected and HIV-uninfected Veterans - Goulet J
- Reduced Functional Performance in HIV-infected Veterans: Results from Exercise Testing at the Baltimore VA GRECC - Oursler K
- Overview of Site Visit Evaluations/Future Evaluation Criteria - Mattocks K
- Depression Treatment in HIV-infected and Uninfected Veterans: Do Treatment Rates Vary by HIV Status? - Sueoka K
- The Optimal CD4 and Viral Load Thresholds for Initiating Antiretroviral Therapy: A Cohort Simulation Based on Observational Data and Markov Modeling - Braithwaite S
- Understanding HCV Treatment Patterns From ERCHIVES: Electronically Retrieved Cohort of HCV Infected Veterans - Butt A
- Cholesterol Management in HIV-infected and Uninfected Patients: The Veterans Aging Cohort Study - Leaf D
- The Cardiovascular Dataset: A Merger of the 1999 Large Health Study and the VA Virtual Cohort - Freiberg M
- Jinsi ya kuishi maisha marefu (Learning how to live longer): A Stage 1 behavioral trial to reduce alcohol use among HIV+ Kenyans - Pappas R
- Validation Overview - Justice A
- VACS Build - Brandt C, Kidwai F
- Symptoms Project - Levin W, Erdos J
- Pharmacy Validation - Gordon K
- Comparison of Telephone vs. Self Administered Alcohol Consumption from 30 Day Time Line Follow-Back: A Sub-study of the Veterans Aging Cohort Study - McGinnis K
- "Treatment and Management of HIV Infection in the United States"
- Initial Treatment for HIV Infection - Pavia A
- Strategies for Treatment of Late HIV Infection - Braun J
- Challenges to Identify and Retain Patients in Care - Futterman D
- Comprehensive Care & Management - Chronoic and Lifelong Care - Lee S
Because the presentations from the VACS Scientific Meeting 2004 contain preliminary, unreviewed, and unpublished results, access to them is limited to members of the study. These results are not for quotation without prior permission.
- Orientation and Updates - Justice A
- Making a Difference in Patient Care: Plans for an Intervention Trial - Justice A
- The Temporal Association Between Alcohol Consumption and Medication Adherence among HIV+ and HIV- Veterans in Care - Braithwaite R, McGinnis K, Conigliaro J, Bridges M, Justice A
- Mitochondrial Markers for VACS - Gerschenson M
- Survival in Patients Coinfected With HIV and Hepatitis C: A CD4 Threshold Effect - Fultz S
- Alcohol-Based Analysis of Laboratory Data (Note: Analysis is preliminary, data set is in the process of being updated)
- HAART Analysis - Justice A, Griffith T
- Alcohol Use among HIV Positive & Negative Veterans in VACS 5: Assessment of Measures, prevalence and provider awareness - Conigliaro J
- Characterization of HIV positive Veterans who Utilized VA services prior to HIV Diagnosis - Gandhi N
- VACS HIV Optimization Writing Group - Brown S
- Adherence Work Group Deliberations - Whittle J
- VACS Operational Procedures: A Review - Dombrowski E, Justice A
- VACS Data Sources Reddy D, not presented due to time constraints
- Predictors of Risky Sexual Behavior among Veterans with and without HIV Infection: Results from VACS 5 - Cook R
- Tables from Review of Data Analysis from Feasibility Study - Griffith T, Justice A
- Alcohol Use and Adherence in the VACS On-going Study: A Preliminary Analysis - McGinnis K and the VACS Project Team
- Homeless and Alcohol Use Disorders as Modifiable Factors of Disease - Gordon A
- Hepatitis C Increases the Risk of DM in HIV Infected Veterans in Care - Butt AA, Fultz SL, Kwoh CK, Kelley D, Skanderson M, Justice AC
- Understanding the Association Between DM and HIV and HCV Infections in the Era of HAART - Butt AA, Fultz SL, Skanderson M, Kelley D, Justice AC
- Career Development Award: Treatment Disparities/Outcomes in HCV-HIV Co-infection - Butt AA
- HIV and Hepatocellular Carcinoma: The Role of Hepatitis C Infection and Alcohol Abuse - McGinnis K, Fultz SL, Skanderson M, Justice AC
- Mediators of Hepatocellular Injury in HIV Infected Veterans: HSR&D Career Development Award Application - Fultz SL
- Pneumococcal Polysaccharide (PV) Vaccine Failures among HIV-infected Veterans Compared to Non-HIV-infected controls - Rodriguez-Barradas MC
- Trends in Healthcare Utilization among HIV positive Veterans from 1998 - 2002: The VACS Virtual Cohort Data - Gandhi N
- Brief Interventions in VACS - Conigliaro J