Pilot & Exploratory Studies Core
The overall goal of the Pilot/Exploratory Studies Core (PESC) is to facilitate the development of innovative and methodologically rigorous research studies designed to enhance our understanding of the etiology, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of multifactorial geriatric conditions (the stated focus of the Yale OAIC) leading ultimately to the development of efficacious and cost-effective interventions to increase or maintain independence for older Americans.
The specific goals of the core are to:
- solicit and select the most meritorious research proposals for PESC funding;
- provide investigators of PESC studies with access to resources from the other OAIC Cores;
- identify potential opportunities for co-sponsorship of PESC studies;
- identify potential opportunities for collaboration among PESC investigators;
- monitor the progress of the PESC studies;
- provide assistance so that the PESC studies can be successfully developed into independently funded grant applications;
- ensure the safety and protection of human subjects enrolled in PESC studies; and
- ensure that PESC studies enroll a substantial proportion of underrepresented minorities.
Phone: 203-688-9423Fax: 203-688-4209