Research & Publications
Dr. Vatner received his undergraduate degree from Swarthmore College (Swarthmore, PA), and his M.D. and Ph.D. degrees from The University of Chicago: The Pritzker School of Medicine and the Division of the Biological Sciences (Chicago, IL). He completed his residency in Internal Medicine and his Fellowship in Endocrinology and Metabolism at Yale-New Haven Hospital and the Yale School of Medicine (New Haven, CT). Dr. Vatner’s research has delved into aspects of insulin resistance in rodents and humans at the interface with dyslipidemia, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, thyromimetic development, lipoprotein lipase modulation, and glucocorticoid action. Dr. Vatner sees patients in the Endocrinology Service at VA Connecticut (VA Connecticut Endocrinology phone: 203 937 3848).
Education & Training
- FellowshipYale University School of Medicine (2015)
- ResidencyYale-New Haven Hospital (2010)
- MDUniversity of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine (2007)
- PhDUniversity of Chicago, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (2005)
- BASwarthmore College (1998)