Jacob Kraemer Tebes PhD
Professor of Psychiatry, in the Child Study Center and of Epidemiology (Chronic Diseases); Director, Division of Prevention and Community Research, Department of Psychiatry; Director, The Consultation Center; Chief Psychologist, Connecticut Mental Health Center
Departments & Organizations
Junior Faculty Training Program
School of Public Health
Child Study Center
Psychiatry: Connecticut Mental Health Center: The Consultation Center | Prevention and Community Research, Division of | Stress & Addiction Clinical Research Program | Psychology Section | Women's Behavioral Health Research, Division of
Community psychology; Prevention & mental health promotion; Adolescent substance abuse; Culture & human diversity; Recovery from mental illness; Research methodology; Program & systems evaluation; Interdisciplinary research; Community science; Team science more...
- B.S., Georgetown University, 1977
- Ph.D., SUNY at Buffalo, 1984
- Matlin, SL, Mosock, SD, & Tebes, JK. (2011). Suicidality and depression among African American adolescents: the role of family and peer support and community connectedness. American J of Orthopsychiatry, 81(1), 108-117.
- Tebes, JK, Cook, EC, Vanderploeg, JJ, Fein, R, Chinman, MJ, Shepard, JK, Brabham, T, & Connell, CM. (2010). Parental knowledge and substance use among African American adolescents: Influence of gender and grade level. J Child Family Studies. Advance online publication. doi:10.1007/s10826-010-9406-3
- Thai, ND, Connell, CM, & Tebes, JK. (2010). Substance use among Asian American adolescents: Influence of race, ethnicity, and acculturation in the context of key risk and protective factors. Asian American J of Psychology, 1(4), 261-274. doi:10.1037/a0021703