Kirsten A Bechtel MD
Associate Professor of Pediatrics (Emergency Medicine); Medical Director, Pediatric Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Program; Chairperson, Yale Traffic Safety Subcommittee; Co-Chairperson, State of Connecticut Child Fatality Review Panel
Head Injury in Children; Forensic Medicine
- Bowe C, Veale K. Sensitivity to 4-Aminopyridine observed in Mammalian Sciatic Nerves during Acute Pyridoxine induced Sensory Neuropathy and Recovery. Experimental Neurobiology 1988; 100(3): 448-458.
- Bechtel K, King C, Glustein J, Hoffman P. Efficacy of parenteral metoclopramide in reducing the Incidence of emesis in children with gastroenteritis. Pediatric Emergency Care 1997; 13(4): 298.
- Bechtel K, Bhende M, Venkataraman S, Allen J. Use of the esophageal detector device in a newborn piglet model. Annals of Emergency Medicine 1998 31(3): 344-350.
- Mull C. Scarfone RJ. Ferri LR. Carlin T. Salvaggio C. Bechtel K. Hanes-Trephan MA. Rissman RL. Gracely EJ A randomized trial of nebulized epinephrine versus albuterol n the emergency department treatment of bronchiolitis. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2004; 158:113-118.
- Bechtel K. Stoessel K. Leventhal J. Lavietes S. Banyas B. Teague B. Duncan C. Characteristics that distinguish accidental from inflicted head injury in young hospitalized children. Pediatrics 2004; 114:165-168.
- Bechtel K. Gallagher D. Ryan E. Impact of Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners on the Evaluation of Sexual Assault in a Pediatric Emergency Department. Pediatric Emergency Care 2008; 24(7): 442-447.
- Lindberg D. Makoroff K. Harper N. Laskey A. Bechtel K. Deye K. Shapiro R. Utility of Hepatic Transaminases to Recognize Abuse in Children. Pediatrics 2009; 124:509-516.
- Bechtel K. Frasure S. Marshall C. Simpson C. Dziura J. Relationship of S100B to Intracranial Injury in Children with Accidental Closed Head Trauma. Pediatrics 2009; 124(4): e697-704.
- Bechtel K. Le K. Martin KD. Shah N. Leventhal JM. Colson E. Impact of an Educational Intervention on Caregivers’ Beliefs about Infant Crying and Shaken Baby Syndrome. Academic Pediatrics 20011;11(6)481-486.