Jon Stanley Morrow PhD, MD
Raymond Yesner Professor of Pathology; Chair, Department of Pathology; Chief of Pathology at YNHH
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development | Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, and Physiology
Cancer Center, Yale: Signal Transduction
Pathology: Autopsy Service | Surgical Pathology
Hemolytic Disease; Degenerative Brain Disease; spectrin; Autopsy Pathology; Renal Pathology; Medical Informatics; Computer Aided Instruction (CAI); Telepathology more...
- Ph.D., Indiana University School of Medicine, 1974
- M.D., Yale University, 1976
- Glantz, S.B., Cianci, C.D., Iyer, R., Pradhan, D., Wang, K.K., and Morrow, J.S. (2007). Sequential degradation of alphaII and betaII spectrin by calpain in glutamate or maitotoxin-stimulated cells. Biochem. 46(2):502-13.
- Simonovic, M., Zhang, Z., Cianci, C.D., Steitz, T.A., and Morrow, J,S. (2006). Structure of the calmodulin alphaII-spectrin complex provides insight into the regulation of cell plasticity. J. Biol. Chem. 281(45):34333-40.
- Brown, T. L., Patil, S., Cianci, C. D., Morrow, J. S. and Howe, P. H. 1999. TGFbeta induces caspase 3 independent cleavage of alpha II spectrin (alpha-fodrin) coincident with apoptosis. J. Biol. Chem. in Pathology