Laura E Niklason PhD, MD
Professor of Anesthesiology and of Biomedical Engineering and Residential College Associate Fellow in Faculty of Arts and Sciences; Section Chief; Vice Chair, Research
Departments & Organizations
School of Engineering and Applied Science
Yale Medical Group
Stem Cell Center, Yale: Stem Cell Niche and Homing
Vascular Biology and Therapeutics Program
Anesthesiology: Research | Department Leadership | T32 Mentors
Anesthesiology; Biomedical Engineering; Biophysics; Physics more...
- Ph.D., University of Chicago, 1988
- M.D., University of Michigan/Ann Arbor, 1991
- Petersen TH, Calle EA, Zhao L, Lee EJ, Gui L, Raredon MB, Gavrilov K, Yi T, Zhuang ZW, Breuer C, Herzog E, Niklason LE. 2010. Tissue engineered lungs for in vivo implantation. Science July 30; 329(5991):538-541.
- Niklason LE, Yeh AT, Calle EA, Bai Y, Valentín A, Humphrey JD. 2010. Enabling tools for engineering collagenous tissues integrating bioreactors, intravital imaging, and biomechanical modeling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. Feb 23;107(8):3335-9. Epub 2009 Dec 1.
- Klinger, R.Y., Blum, J.L., Hearn, B., Lebow, B., Niklason, L.E. 2006. Relevance and Safety of Telomerase for Human Tissue Engineering, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (Track II) 103: 2500-2505.