Assistant Professor of Surgery (Otolaryngology)
Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Yale Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (FPRS) provides world class cosmetic surgery and reconstructive surgery for the face and neck. We have a comprehensive approach to providing patient care, and have an emphasis on multidisciplinary care. Our team consists of surgeons trained in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, head and neck surgery, and microvascular surgery. We also work closely with colleagues in other departments including Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, Oculoplastic Surgery, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Neurosurgery, and Vascular Surgery. Other important members of our team include physical therapists, prosthetist, nurses, audiologists, and speech therapists. We believe that an interdisciplinary approach provides the best care for our patients.
We have a rich tradition of academic scholarship and clinical excellence. Our surgeons are board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, and some have an additional board certification by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
We strive to provide patients with highly individualized and specialized care including:
- Reconstruction after fractures or traumatic injuries
- Reconstruction of congenital defects or deformities including microtia and vascular abnormalities
- Reconstruction of facial, head, or neck defects from cancer, including skin cancers
- Comprehensive treatment of facial asymmetry or facial nerve paralysis
- Cosmetic surgery of the nose to improve appearance
- Surgery for nasal obstruction to improve nasal breathing
- Minimally-invasive and non-surgical techniques in facial rejuvenation or scar treatment