Research & Publications
Pallavi Gopal is a graduate of the Medical Scientist Training Program at the University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine in Philadelphia. Her Ph.D. thesis work in Neuroscience with Dr. Jeffrey Golden focused on understanding the cellular and molecular mechanisms that guide neuronal migration during forebrain development. After earning her M.D., Pallavi completed postgraduate clinical training in Anatomic Pathology and Neuropathology at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. She did her postdoctoral research training with Dr. Erika Holzbaur at the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Gopal is a recipient of the NINDS Clinical Scientist Research Career Development Award. She joined the Pathology Department at Yale School of Medicine in January 2018.
Education & Training
- Neuropathology FellowshipHospital of the University of Pennsylvania (2014)
- Resident in Anatomic PathologyHospital of the University of Pennsylvania (2012)
- MDUniversity of Pennsylvania (2009)
- PhDUniversity of Pennsylvania, Neuroscience (2008)
- Clinical NeuropathologyNew Haven, CT, United States 2018surgical and autopsy neuropathology