Research & Publications
Dr. Adriana Herrera is Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Associate Director Emeritus of the Anesthesia Residency Program. Dr. Herrera received her medical degree from Universidad del Valle, Colombia in 1996. Subsequently, Dr. Herrera completed both a residency in Anesthesia and a fellowship in Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesia at Yale New Haven Hospital. In 2005, she officially joined the Yale School of Medicine faculty as Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology. Her clinical interests include Thoracic Anesthesia, Vascular Anesthesia and Obstetric Anesthesia. She was the Associate Director of the Residency Program for 12 years and was involved in the residency recruitment process, mentoring and education of residents, monitoring fellowship placement, and contributes to curriculum development.
Education & Training
- FellowshipYale University School of Medicine (2005)
- ResidencyYale New Haven Hospital (2004)
- InternshipGriffin Hospital (2001)
- MDUniversidad del Valle (1996)
- Board CertificationAB of Anesthesiology, Anesthesiology (2006, recertified: 2017)