Black Maternal Health Study
- Are you 18 years of age or older?
- Do you identify as being Black (including but not limited to African American, Afro Caribbean, Afro Latina, African)?
- Did you deliver a baby in the past 12 months at Yale New Haven Hospital (York Street or St Raphael’s)?
- Have you ever been told you have hypertension or diabetes?
- Would you like to share your experience during pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum?
If yes to these questions:
We invite you to participate in a study that seeks to interview Black, African American or Black Latinx women about their experiences during pregnancy and childbirth.
The study involves participation in a 1 hour virtual interview by telephone or the zoom app. Our study team will review your medical records to obtain information related to your pregnancy that will help us better understand the information you provide.
This study can help the health care system understand how to improve the care that black women receive during pregnancy and childbirth.
As a token of appreciation we will offer a $25 gift card to all participants.
Meet the Study Team
We are a diverse group of OB/GYN physicians, midwife and researchers from Yale University. We are passionate about improving the quality of care and health outcomes for Black women and we believe that the voices of Black women are critical to achieving this mission.
Thank you for your interest in our study!
- Oluwatosin Adeyemo, MD, MPH, FACOG
- Katherine Harper Campbell, MD, MPH
- Jessica Illuzzi, MD, MS, FACOG
To find out more on how to enroll in this study:
Study Title: Exploring the experiences of post partum Black women with high- risk conditions in pregnancy: A mixed methods approach
Yale IRB Protocol Number: 2000028830