Seminars at Yale Neuroscience: Advanced PoStdoc Extramural Series
The Neuroscience Department and Kavli Institute for Neuroscience at Yale are initiating a seminar series for advanced postdocs. During their visit to Yale, selected speakers will present their research to the Yale Neuroscience Community, talk with faculty members in one-on-one meetings, and go out to dinner in New Haven with Yale postdocs.
The Yale Neuroscience Department encompasses a broad spectrum of interests. This includes molecular, cellular, synaptic, systems, behavioral, cognitive, and computational approaches to understanding the nervous system. Thus, we encourage applications from highly-talented postdocs from any area of neuroscience. Applicants should have at least 3 years of postdoctoral experience. We are interested in attracting a diverse group of scientists, including women, minorities, and international postdocs. Members of these groups are especially encouraged to apply.
The Kavli Institute will cover the costs of travel and accommodation and will pay a small honorarium to selected speakers.
Applications for the 2018-2019 SYNPASES seminars will be accepted until December 15th, 2018.
Speakers will be selected by the SYNAPSES selection committee, which currently consists of:
- Nour Al-muhtasib, Ph.D., postdoc in the laboratory of Michael Higley
- Jinmyung Choi, Ph.D., postdoc in the laboratory of Nenad Sestan
- Katie Ferguson, Ph.D., postdoctoral fellow in the laboratory of Jessica Cardin
- Amber McCartney, Ph.D., postdoc in the laboratory of Pietro De Camilli
- Dragomir Milovanovic, Ph.D., postdoctoral fellow in the laboratory of Pietro De Camilli
- Quentin Perrenoud, Ph.D., postdoc in the laboratory of Jessica Cardin
- Alicja Puscian, Ph.D., postdoctoral fellow in the laboratory of Michael Higley
- Sreeganga Chandra, Ph.D., faculty advisor
- James Jeanne, Ph.D., faculty advisor
Questions about the application should be directed to Katherine Bownes at firstname.lastname@example.org