Welcome to the Glaucoma Research Group
The Yale Glaucoma Research Group is comprised of internationally respected physicians and research scientists who seek to decrease preventable blindness from glaucoma through medical and surgical management, research, and community awareness. Dr. Christopher Teng, Dr. Ji Liu, Dr. Soshian Sarrafpour, and Dr. James Martone offer a complete range of services for patients with glaucoma and related anterior segment diseases.
With continued study to improve their understanding of the diagnosis and management of glaucoma, they offer the latest advances in treating all forms of glaucoma.
Physicians are fellowship trained and play a vital role in bringing into practice new modalities in diagnosing and treating these diseases. The Yale Glaucoma team utilizes the most technologically advanced instrumentation including perimetry, Optical Coherence Tomography (Spectral Domain and OCTA), wide field fundus photography, ultrasound biomicroscopy and Argon, SLT, Nd-YAG, and micropulse laser systems. The state-of-the-art operating rooms have the most advanced equipment including Femtosecond laser, intraoperative aberrometry and the newest operating microscopes.
Special services offered include:
- Cataract surgery: no stitch cataract surgery, femtosecond laser assisted cataract surgery, and interoperative aberrometry
- Cutting edge intraocular lens options including extended depth of focus and toric lenses
- Computerized and manual visual field assessment with custom programs
- Optical Coherence Tomography and Angiography
- Gonioscopy, slit lamp, and stereo fundus photography