Phyllis Bodel Childcare Center Lunch Guidelines
We do not allow the following foods for all ages:
- Tree nuts, peanuts, including oils and butters
- Candy of any kind
- Large nuts or seeds (e.g., sunflower seeds)
- Pretzels, chips & other nonnutritive snacks
- Crackers (exception: Triscuits are allowed)
- Raw peas
- Cookies, cakes, jell-o, muffins, fruit snacks, fruit bars, granola bars or any other treats containing sugar
We do not allow the following foods for children under 4:
- Hot dogs and other meat sticks
- Raw carrot rounds
- Whole grapes
- Rice cakes
- Chunks of meat larger than can be swallowed whole
- Fish or chicken with bones
- Raisins or dried fruit
Infants and Toddlers
- Infant food must be cut into ¼ inch cubes
- Toddler food must be cut into ½ inch cubes
All containers (bottoms, lids, lunchboxes) must be labeled with your child’s first and last name.
Lunchboxes must include a cold pack and be insulated to maintain appropriate food temperatures to avoid foodborne illness. They will not be refrigerated.
Please clean the inside of your child’s lunch box regularly.