Julie Elizabeth Goodwin MD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics (Nephrology)
Glucocorticoid-induced hypertension; Vascular endothelial glucocorticoid receptor; Steroids and sepsis; Atherosclerosis
- Characterization and mechanism of glucocorticoid-induced hypertension in several mouse models with tissue-specific knockout of the glucocorticoid receptor
Effect of the knockout of the glucocorticoid receptor in the endothelium in a mouse model of LPS-induced sepsis, with and without steroid treatment
Role of the endothelial glucocorticoid receptor in the development of atherosclerosis
Role of the podocyte glucocorticoid receptor in the development of nephrotic syndrome
- Julie Goodwin, Yan Feng, Heino Velazquez, William Sessa. Endothelial glucocorticoid receptor is required for protection against sepsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013 Jan 2:110(1):306-11.
- Julie Goodwin and David Geller. Glucocorticoid-induced hypertension. Pediatr Neph 2012 Jul:27(7):1059-66.
- Julie Goodwin, Junhui Zhang, David Gonzalez, Sebastian Albinsson, David Geller. Knockout of the vascular endothelial glucocorticoid receptor abrogates dexamethasone-induced hypertension. J Hypertens. 2011 Jul;29(7): 1347-56.
- Julie Goodwin, Junhui Zhang, Heino Velazquez, David Geller. The glucocorticoid receptor in the distal nephron is not necessary for the development or maintenance of dexamethasone-induced hypertension. Biochem Biophys Res Comm. 2010 April 2: 394(2):266-71.
- Junhui Zhang, Renshang Ge, Catherine Matte-Martone, Julie Goodwin, Warren Schlomchik, Mark Mamula, Ali Kooshkabadi, Matthew Hardy, David Geller. Characterization of a novel gain of function glucocorticoid receptor knock-in mouse. J Biol Chem. 2009 Mar 6;284 (10):6249-59.
- Julie Goodwin, Junhui Zhang, David Geller. A critical role for vascular smooth muscle in acute glucocorticoid-induced hypertension. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2008 Jul; 19(7):1291-7.
- Goodwin, David Geller. Monogenic Disorders of Blood Pressure Regulation in Handbook of Hypertension Eds.. A. F. Dominiczak and J. M. Connell Vol 24, 29-47. 2007.