These clinical experiences are designed to provide a progressive education and expertise in the care of children with renal disorders and related diseases.
- Learn to gather accurate and essential information from families, children, and medical records from referring physicians.
- Develop and implement effective management plans.
- Use information technology and other resources to access new knowledge.
- Obtain initial introduction to therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
- Acquire new knowledge through analysis and evaluation of therapeutic initiatives.
- Exercise accountability and responsibility for learning from past experience.
- Begin to develop strategies to optimize patient care.
- Perform competently essential procedures.
- Interact with broad spectrum of health care professionals to provide effective, complex care.
- Demonstrate excellence and sensitivity in caring for patients and families.
- Provide effective and professional consultation to referring physicians.
- Refine clinical judgment and decision-making regarding diagnostic and therapeutic dilemmas.
- Understand evidence based and cost-conscious strategies to develop effective care.