Department of Pediatrics
Welcome to the home page of the Department of Pediatrics at Yale University School of Medicine. We invite you to explore our web pages to learn more about our commitment to excellence in patient care, education, advocacy, and research.
Our Mission is CLEAR. Yale Pediatrics provides:
- Clinical care that is outstanding
- Leadership for the global pediatric community
- Education for physicians, allied health professionals, patients, and families
- Advocacy that promotes childhood health and development
- Research that is innovative, insightful, and state-of-the-art
1. Sherene Mason was the recipient of the 2013 American Society of Pediatric Nephrology (ASPN) ASPN Trainee Research Award in Basic Science for her abstract entitled, "Proximal Tubule-Specific Deletion of the Met Receptor Results in Impaired Cytoprotection and Repair after Renal Ischemic Injury."
2. Andrea Asnes is the 2013 recipient of the Leah Lowenstein Award.
3. Olafur Thorvaldsson, third year fellow in Pediatric Infectious Diseases, received the Young Investigator Award given by the Connecticut Infectious Diseases Society for his study entitled, “Cumulative Viremia Copy-Years Predicts Mortality and Morbidity in Perinatally HIV-infected Youth.” His mentors were Elijah Paintsil and Warren Andiman.